Manufacturer Of Thermal Screens For A Class??? (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Have been trying to source a thermal screen for our Laika A class and have found only Van Comfort who can offer a service via Polar Technologies, Sheffield. Tried Taylormade and Paragon (Silverscreens) who can only offer covers for Hymer and Rapido. Does anyone know of any other suppliers in the UK?
BTW, Polar Technologies will not deal directly, you have to order via Screen Comfort and then go to
Polar Technologies to have the screen made.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Did you call silverscreens.. I'm sure they do made to measure

The do but I believe they work from templates so if they don't have the correct Laika template they won't list that model.

It is probably worth a phone call though. The guy is really helpful, if he can help he will.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Did you call silverscreens.. I'm sure they do made to measure
I have spoken to them and was told that they only offer specials if they get more than 10 enquiries. Good quality, had one on our Vantage Neo. They warned me off Van Comfort, hence the post.
Thanks, Mike

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I have a sheet of corrugated iron I can bring to Stratford we could could bend when I get there.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I have been "investigating" same....

Came across a thread on MotorhomeSki site that mention these folk....

http://www.minsterproducts.co.uk

Might be worth a tinkle...

Edit: Oh wait a min.... Link on their site takes you to Polar!.. :unsure:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I couldn't find anyone for ours so got the material, templated myself and made my own. I edged them with bias binding and made button holes for the suckers. They work really well and cost £120 plus my sewing time.

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
I have a sheet of corrugated iron I can bring to Stratford we could could bend when I get there.
If you can bond on a bit of loft insulation I might go for it, how much?? Oh, if it is galvanised corrugated it might look like a proper job too(y)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I have a Laika A class and when I bought it second hand last year it came with external silver screens. I assumed that they were made specially. They are Taylormades.
My van is a 2003 and there's a picture in my avatar. Is yours the same?
If so, maybe I could get you some measurements?

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
I have a Laika A class and when I bought it second hand last year it came with external silver screens. I assumed that they were made specially. They are Taylormades.
My van is a 2003 and there's a picture in my avatar. Is yours the same?
If so, maybe I could get you some measurements?
Interesting, my van looks the same but could not be certain. Spoke to Taylormade at Peterborough who have recently lost many patterns in a fire. If you have time to send measurements and maybe a couple of photo's it would be very much appreciated.
Will PM afew pics of mine.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Interesting, my van looks the same but could not be certain. Spoke to Taylormade at Peterborough who have recently lost many patterns in a fire. If you have time to send measurements and maybe a couple of photo's it would be very much appreciated.
Will PM afew pics of mine.
Ok. No probs...

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Mike, Hindermann in Germany have a Laika A class in the 2015 brochure here (page 8), not sure it is your model but worth a try, I know van comfort are the UK agency, but I have been advised to go to Germany to collect ours for the Rapido, good luck.
Cheers

Edit: Narbonne Accessories are Hindermann agents, plenty of outlets in France, the Laika screen is in the catalog here.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Sorry... Got them out of the bag and they are Silverscreens!!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Contact tatty tony, he had his made to measure, and he can tell you who by

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
I'll measure them and send it over....
Cheers
Steve
Just an update, contacted Silverscreens re. yours and they kindly sent a sun screen in the post (same as a thermal but sun screening material only) to try. It nearly did the job but not quite, the later Fiat engines changed the front profile of most A class motorhomes so that earlier screens do not fit. Can't praise Silverscreens enough, very good company and checking their product against another, superior quality on material and finish. Will now try to see if there is a European product. Thanks for your help.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have you contacted Laika, for our Hymer I brought genuine Hymer ones they were £75 cheaper than Silverscreens and a very good product.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I've been trying to source a full exterior screen for my Carthago for 8 months now. Bought one from Carthago and it just didn't fit and they agreed. I got a full refund. There is a company that advertises on ebay and I am in communication with them at the moment. They are trying to obtain one for me from Italy. I've tried the UK route but as usual rip off pricing and poor fitting. Will let you know if I have any luck as they cater for ALL a class cabs.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Have been trying to source a thermal screen for our Laika A class and have found only Van Comfort who can offer a service via Polar Technologies, Sheffield. Tried Taylormade and Paragon (Silverscreens) who can only offer covers for Hymer and Rapido. Does anyone know of any other suppliers in the UK?
BTW, Polar Technologies will not deal directly, you have to order via Screen Comfort and then go to
Polar Technologies to have the screen made.
We had our screen made to measure by Polar Technologies in Sheffield arranged via Van Comfort. They told us at the time that they would be attending several motorhome shows and would be measuring up some vans there to make templates from. If you contact them they may be attending a show near you and could do a measuring up service there for you.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I also tried them but they insisted I travel down for a fitting. If the Italian company can help it will be over £200 cheaper. Time will tell.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
we used van comfort last year - who didn't have a template, but we drove up night before, had a 8.0 appointmnet and on our way with a custom fit, made to measure by 10.30

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Genuine"wiljoy, post: 1462819, member: 2787"]I also tried them but they insisted I travel down for a fitting. If the Italian company can help it will be over £200 cheaper. Time will tell.[/QUOTE]
I thought genuine Carthago ones were only €325 about £232 at current exchange rates, only paid £245 for my Hymer ones when exchange rate was 1.21.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back