Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
The saga continues!
Having expected to pick up the motorhome on 14 April, we have been waiting since 7 April when we were told it had damp problems and was in the workshop at Glossop for repairs.
Since then we have incurred costs and had to constantly ask for information.

To be fair, they seem to be trying to remedy the problems. but they just never tell us anything. We have pinned them down to a date at last.. 19 June ( we will see) but I am not happy that they are not willing to acknowledebe that this has been a difficult time by offering some form of compensation. They have made a weak offer to cover some of the costs, but honestly I would have though they would hve tried to put our minds at rest by offering compensation.
what do you think? what would you do?

I dont know where we stand in getting our deposit back as its been a period of time now and we havent said we dont want it ...I am fed up of it to be honest

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs Sue, don't know where you stand legally but can understand... I would send an email stating exactly what you have said above. You have been very patient and you want your deposit back. I had problems once and did that. I got nowhere.

I then went on their website and put the same wording I had on the email into a box re reviews or contact us etc..... so it went on the web site for all to see. The result was then instant. See if there is somewhere on the webpage where you can type in the same email you send them saying you want money back as the stress has caused you health issues.

Good luck. Keep us informed.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Good idea Joy. I'm saddened for you Sue. It has to put a huge damper on your excitement. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Crumbs Sue, don't know where you stand legally but can understand... I would send an email stating exactly what you have said above. You have been very patient and you want your deposit back. I had problems once and did that. I got nowhere.

I then went on their website and put the same wording I had on the email into a box re reviews or contact us etc..... so it went on the web site for all to see. The result was then instant. See if there is somewhere on the webpage where you can type in the same email you send them saying you want money back as the stress has caused you health issues.

Good luck. Keep us informed.
thanks for your kind words.
i have e mailed them...many many times to ask for info, and just yesterday to ask for costs and compensation. I outlined what we have paid out so far and told them I am unhappy with their approach to customer care. Don't suppose it will get me anywhere!
Why dont these dealers realise it takes so little to keep customers happy: I just want a decent van, the costs I have had to pay and just a little compensation, basically to reassure me that they are a decent company to deal with. I don't think thats a lot to ask and it would go a long way in cementing good customer relations.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Maybe consider going and getting your money back, big disappointment I know, but if it has damp problems that take this long to sort...

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Glossop caravans
They do seem to be trying to fix the motorhome, and they have offered partial costs, its just that it doesn't cover everything and because they don't seem to appreciate how worrying this is, theydon't seem to be concerned to put any real effort into compensating us in any way

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ditto my above post, Sue. You can put in the testimonial what you have just put in your last post ... if it makes you feel better. :)

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Ditto my above post, Sue. You can put in the testimonial what you have just put in your last post ... if it makes you feel better. :)
thats a brilliant link, thank you....i am going to wait until monday ...the motorhome manager has said he will talk with his boss about my concerns...depending what he says, i may try to cancel andwill definitely post a review....thanks again!

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Sue
I bought my MH there and had the solar panel taken off my trade in and put on the new MH, it was done at their site by a contractor, fitted as required BUT it leaked in where the cable came through, I had to take it back twice to be fixed and claimed expenses on both occasions we have to do a 140 mile round trip to Glossop, hope you get sorted soon, I think the workshop manager is called Mike. Pete

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Hi Sue
I bought my MH there and had the solar panel taken off my trade in and put on the new MH, it was done at their site by a contractor, fitted as required BUT it leaked in where the cable came through, I had to take it back twice to be fixed and claimed expenses on both occasions we have to do a 140 mile round trip to Glossop, hope you get sorted soon, I think the workshop manager is called Mike. Pete
did you get the costs back?
The workshop staff, in fact all the staff are very pleasant. it's now they are 'thinking' about our costs and not considering compensation that Is concerning me

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
did you get the costs back?
The workshop staff, in fact all the staff are very pleasant. it's now they are 'thinking' about our costs and not considering compensation that Is concerning me

I my claim was just for the cost of fuel to bring it back to be fixed twice, so no other out of pocket expense. pete

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
sue it is 5 june now you can ask for a full refund with out a problem we have a funster (seatrout) john with a m/h with damp look at is thead our 2013 m/h had damp in the garage doors on it"s first inspection 2014 only had it sorted in may this year the dealer was a donkeys hole 3AS CARMARTHEN we take a load of poo of the dealers I have stated on past threads about paying a fee into a fund and getting the legal eagle to write a letter on problems with our m/h .antony do not read this thread no ;;;; or ..... or ????? lol still lol ray

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
If it was me buying from a dealer the moment the word damp was mentioned that would have been the end full refund and everything, the moment they found it they should have notified you and offered a total refund in my opinion,

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Strange not one negative review
Was reading them as you posted!
Only one review less than 4 stars and it was positive in first 20 or so pages.
Are they actually very good or do they "censor" the feedback?:sneaky::unsure::whistle:

As with some others, damp ! No thanks - refund please.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
They can and do edit them Gellyneck
I know cos for a while I took on the job for a company or doing exactly that.

My advice Sue.. Post it and add you will be doing an identical post on Facebook and Twitter unless things move forward at a pace

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Was reading them as you posted!
Only one review less than 4 stars and it was positive in first 20 or so pages.
Are they actually very good or do they "censor" the feedback?:sneaky::unsure::whistle:

As with some others, damp ! No thanks - refund please.
there are negative reviews on their facebook page and comments about people being refused their deposits back when problems arose!

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Don't let get away with anything I have had dealing with glossop before
A elddis 140 3 year old with major damp that you could not easily find despite haveing been told a full damp check had been done
the higher you get up their chain of management the worse they are I was treated like shit by them and lost over 3 grand in 2 months and was told if I don't like it lets go to court we have more money than you do even the salesman walked out of the meeting in disgust at the way we where treated
We even tried trading standards and they could not do much cos glossop always keep just inside the law

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Don't let get away with anything I have had dealing with glossop before
A elddis 140 3 year old with major damp that you could not easily find despite haveing been told a full damp check had been done
the higher you get up their chain of management the worse they are I was treated like shit by them and lost over 3 grand in 2 months and was told if I don't like it lets go to court we have more money than you do even the salesman walked out of the meeting in disgust at the way we where treated
We even tried trading standards and they could not do much cos glossop always keep just inside the law
That is so depressing...they have a new motorhome manager, just started last week...still to prove he is any better than the rest of them! He has already told me everything I cant have...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Depending on the seriousness of the issue you could reject the van.

If not and they don't play ball, get the van back and then issue a claim in the small claims court.

Don't threaten to do it, just do it.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Depending on the seriousness of the issue you could reject the van.

If not and they don't play ball, get the van back and then issue a claim in the small claims court.

Don't threaten to do it, just do it.
Not quite sure where we stand, they have the van and are working on it, so,according to,consumer act , they are attempting to remedy the problem...this gives them some strength, if we say we don't want it then we may not be complying by not giving them a chance to fix it...however, we can say that it is not fit for purpose....

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
sue is this your m/h that they are repairing or have you just put a deposit on it and it is still the dealers not lol at this time ray

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
sue who found the dampif it was the dealer they had this van for sale with damp in it ,would you knowing that it had damp put a deposit down on this m/h or walked away from it not lol ray

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
.antony do not read this thread no ;;;; or ..... or ????? lol still lol ray

No comment Ray :LOL:

Sue, definately ask for your deposit back, no question.
It will be on the back of your mind all the time that they haven't cured it just covered it up. I'm not saying that's what they are doing but there will always be that doubt and could you in all honestly sell that motorhome, in the future, to someone else knowing there maybe a long term problem with it.
I hope it all turns out OK for you and you get the MH of your dreams ;)

Thanks Antony

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
just put deposit on it

I dont know all the facts, but based on what you have posted and if it was me I would pull out of the deal and demand my deposit back.

If you paid by credit card it might make things easier for you.

Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back