How The Other Half Live Or Don't Take Your Hymer Here! (1 Viewer)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...tine-25-foot-Class-motorcoach-stay-there.html

No caravans allowed! The campsites so exclusive you must own a pristine $1million 25-foot Class A motorcoach to stay there
  • Exclusive motorcoach resorts allow only 25 foot-plus Class A vehicles
  • Many resorts throughout the US won't allow RVs older than 10 years
  • Luxury RVs form the fastest growing market in the US car rental game

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...lass-motorcoach-stay-there.html#ixzz3c7NePcAL

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It's been like that for a long time. First time I was in the USA I considered renting an RV as a base but found that many sites would not allow vehicles over a certain age on at all and others reserved the right to refuse admittance after inspecting the condition of the vehicle. Yet others refused various makes or models!!!! Too much faff when I could hire a car and stay at motels for less money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Montana’s Bigfork Motorcoach RV Resort, which has 13 of its 29 privately owned sites up for rent, is among the more modestly priced with a daily peak-time rate of $65 ($390 weekly and $1,560 monthly). In the UK, a powered site on a Caravan Club-managed space would set a non-member back £10 per night before additional extras are added.

Approximately £42 is equivalent to 65dollars so daily peak rate is how much different to a CC site? Where is a CC site £10 before extras at peak time for Non members then add other costs it is well over £42 isn't it?

Or am I getting it wrong?

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The social scene at that site will be awful, what a bunch of snobs. Thats said, there are clubs like that in the UK. If you turn up in an old rig you might find yourself parked out of the way so as not to embarras the club :rofl: Thankfully this club has always been about the people rather than what they're driving. (y)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We went to London for four days over the New Year back in 1989/90
We were transferred to the Apatments at Grosvenor House Hotel ( due to a mix up). So posh. A real treat. Our car was an elderly Talbot Solara which we were allowed to park in the hotel car park much to the horror of the car park staff. They found it a dark corner, well hidden. Come New Years Eve we had a chuckle at all the Bentleys and Rollers parked on the roadside. Was a lovely holiday.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I left the motor Caravan club when they actually discussed at the AGM putting self build and motor caravans over 10 years old in a separate segregated area

Unbelievable.

That is why motorhome fun is the best club available!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
this would be my vision of a site from hell ....

nothing to do with 'camping' and all to do with elitism .. like these posh gated housing stalags

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I left the motor Caravan club when they actually discussed at the AGM putting self build and motor caravans over 10 years old in a separate segregated area

incredible.. and unbelievable.. and to think I was considering joining.. o_O

In the past, the CC asked for details of your caravan.. and if you had a self-built motohome had to supply details.. and a photo .. no idea if they ever refused anyone.. but why ask otherwise..

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
I like the idea. I can see it catching on in the UK.

Whilst the dubber in me would love to have a campsite where all and sundry are welcome - let's be honest, do you really want to rock up in your new Frankia Platinum and be pitched up next to Wayne and Waynetta in their 35 year old hand me down...?

It's like an exclusive MH club.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
where would they park my 25 old van.

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
My previous van was 38 years old! But the looks we got at C&C sites. Unfortunately that's people's perceptions.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I wouldn't want to stay on a site that puts up signs like that. I don't use campsites in France, only aires or wild camping, I would imagine there is plenty of remote places to park up all over the USA, after all, most RV's are totally huge, self contained with generators and air con built in. They really are houses on wheels. Why would you want to stay on a campsite?
We have a friend in Wyoming who drives a fifth wheeler. She always wild camps and says she would never go to a proper site as she says they are full of posing weirdo's.......:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Allan

Kepase

Free Member
May 31, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
25 plus years
When working on site, I was showing a rather posh couple with a large tag axle motorhome, available pitches. Pointed out one to them and the man said " oh no not this one, not next to this person" which happened to be my small Sussex with awning attached. I replied " oh that's my van" to which a slightly embarrassed wife replied " I think this pitch will do nicely dear"
Turned out to be quite nice couple who we got on quite well with!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I don`t give a monkeys who parks next to me, MoHo/Caravan/Tent/P.Van... (y)

As long as they don`t have yappy dog`s or screaming kid`s... :whistle2: :imoutahere: ::bigsmile:

Or smokers;)

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
I like the idea. I can see it catching on in the UK.

Whilst the dubber in me would love to have a campsite where all and sundry are welcome - let's be honest, do you really want to rock up in your new Frankia Platinum and be pitched up next to Wayne and Waynetta in their 35 year old hand me down...?

It's like an exclusive MH club.

Nice attitude you have there. Our bus was made in 1991; does that disqualify us from parking up next to you then? We're the same people whether we're driving an old Ducato or a Concorde.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Re the exclusive USA sites, be a laugh to get an old tatty van, but driven by Kate and Wills look-a-likes and roll up to the gates in that. See what the Yanks do then !!

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Nice attitude you have there. Our bus was made in 1991; does that disqualify us from parking up next to you then? We're the same people whether we're driving an old Ducato or a Concorde.

I like the idea as a business. Not as a user of a site. As I said coming from the VW scene I am used to all sorts. But whenever I went to C&C sites I felt very unwelcome in my old camper.

If I ran a site I would give consideration to fully serviced pitches that didn't allow caravans/tents and possibly older MH's. There's a market there. Not saying it's right, but I think that kind of niche would do well in the UK.

I'd rather run a site that allowed everyone, open fires, parties etc... I fear that my life would be easier (and I'd make more money) catering for the more well heeled amongst us.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
BOYS PLAY NICE .

Join us or log in to post a reply.