LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, you will all be pleased to know that my Honda 2 Stroke Gennie has been repaired here in Spain.
It now runs like new, just like a 2 Stroke should.

We arrive in the UK at the end of June, WOULD IT BE COURTEOUS TO POST OUR PLANNED OVERNIGHTERS. :LOL::LOL:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The sound and smell of a 2 stroke engine on a warm summers evening............
Tell us where you are later this month, we are heading through France from 20th.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yes Honda EX 500, it was bought about 18 years ago, nice bit of kit. Cannot be heard running if put a full ehu cable away. About 4 hours running on 1 litre, slow speed setting.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Dont expect to need it this summer, we are going to Northern England and Scotland and have a Solar panel. :LOL: But as its been repaired we will take it along as a back up, in the past when we have used it, many years ago I must add, we've always managed to establish a good conversation with our neighbours, before they moved on, which without the Gennie probably wouldn't have been possible. We've met some nice folk using the Gennie, albeit only for a short period.(y)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The judicious use of a noisy and smelly genny can do a lot for expanding the useable space around your motorhome.

Sadly, my genny is so quiet and fume free that it is quite useless in this respect.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The judicious use of a noisy and smelly genny can do a lot for expanding the useable space around your motorhome.

Sadly, my genny is so quiet and fume free that it is quite useless in this respect.

JJ :cool:
You still need my curry house fat diesel powered one. Comes with free starting handle

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
A very nice side effect of a 2 stroke generator is that the midges & mosquitoes hate the smell. Ours is often used for this purpose before needing EHU. Here's wishing you good health to enjoy your rejuvenated generator.

In fact I have an old two stroke generator in my shed that's only used to keep the biting critters at bay. We live right on the edge of the Galloway country park forest so midge swarms are the norm on a damp summers evening.

Robert.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
A very nice side effect of a 2 stroke generator is that the midges & mosquitoes hate the smell. Ours is often used for this purpose before needing EHU. Here's wishing you good health to enjoy your rejuvenated generator.

In fact I have an old two stroke generator in my shed that's only used to keep the biting critters at bay. We live right on the edge of the Galloway country park forest so midge swarms are the norm on a damp summers evening.

Robert.
That was why I continued to smoke.:whistle:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
didn't know Honda made a two stoke gennie .

always learning ..

no matter , when you see the price of petrol, it may curtail your running time :LOL:

be cheaper on a site
honda made some real nice two stroke m,bikes . not common in uk but big in the states .
my mate has a real nice 250cc single two stroke .
nice diesel kipor is the answer to a gennie . after 15 minutes you cant hear them .
you have become deaf . ha ha .

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi, you will all be pleased to know that my Honda 2 Stroke Gennie has been repaired here in Spain.
It now runs like new, just like a 2 Stroke should.

We arrive in the UK at the end of June, WOULD IT BE COURTEOUS TO POST OUR PLANNED OVERNIGHTERS. :LOL::LOL:

Yes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back