Birds Nest In Engine Bay (1 Viewer)

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Guys went to Motorhome yesterday to check oil and water before our trip to Spain, look what I found it engine bay. I have had to move it as we are setting off today. Not feeling very good with myself has the nest had three chicks. The wife rang RSPB, they told us to put the nest in a safe place as near to the MH as possible where the parents will find the nest, and they should carry on feeding the chicks. I doubt it though?

Regards

Dill
Birdsnest.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Tough call, hopefully they will be OK, around the same place you found your nest, in our MH I found a load of white fur where one of our cats must have been sleeping quite regularly, at least we didn't have a bird problem, and luckily we haven't taken the cat for a ride :)

Have a good trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi Guys went to Motorhome yesterday to check oil and water before our trip to Spain, look what I found it engine bay. I have had to move it as we are setting off today. Not feeling very good with myself has the nest had three chicks. The wife rang RSPB, they told us to put the nest in a safe place as near to the MH as possible where the parents will find the nest, and they should carry on feeding the chicks. I doubt it though?

Regards

DillView attachment 64858

Motorhome going cheep?

sorry:groan:

OP
OP
Dill
Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
I put the nest up in a tree but at the back of the MH about 5 yards away, safest place I could find. I will have a look today when we set off. Insurance said it was illegal to remove the nest while chicks were there but was a fire risk.

Dill

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I put the nest up in a tree but at the back of the MH about 5 yards away, safest place I could find. I will have a look today when we set off. Insurance said it was illegal to remove the nest while chicks were there but was a fire risk.

Dill
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep us informed will you... we have some worriers on here. :). thank you.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
By the time Dill gets back from Spain I think the chicks will be long gone

one way or another. :cautious:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I put the nest up in a tree but at the back of the MH about 5 yards away, safest place I could find. I will have a look today when we set off. Insurance said it was illegal to remove the nest while chicks were there but was a fire risk.Dill

Probably safer than in the MH engine compartment (y)

......... local cats would have been aware of nest anyway
:(

OP
OP
Dill
Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
Hi just to let you know the chap next door to me on the storage site is going to keep an eye on the nest. The chicks are still there and alive. I am hoping the parents may have found them as a couple of blackbirds seem to be coming and going, but not actually seen them on the nest. The chap next door now has my mobile number as he is going to be there for a few hours, he his going to send me a text either way. We feel a bit better now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back