Old Scone Ccc Site - Perthshire (1 Viewer)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We were at Scone this past weekend. For us and our needs, what a great site. Mostly flat, hard standing pitches with some grass for awnings. Would say a bit tight for tuggers if they want to have a car, van and awning on the same space but I don't have a caravan so our pitch was fine (y). The camp shop had limited stock and doesn't sell alcohol (n)(I jest, that is not a problem). Plenty of walking around the site including a 1.5 mile trek around the race course which runs adjacent to the site. There is a small dog walking area on site but that leads out on to a path towards the river where you can walk further. We managed a 7 mile round trip along the river on Saturday but could have gone further if we wished. You can also walk across the vast grounds of Scone Palace. The toilet block is large, fairly new and was always kept spotless. Great shower cubicles with integral dressing area (y). We had looked all week for an area with a forecast of anything other than rain and Perthshire came up trumps. We arrived at 1:30pm on Friday and had beautiful weather until Sunday morning. It rained overnight on Sunday but was mostly fine for us packing up to leave i.e. a little rain but not bad. It only took us 90 minutes to get there from Aberdeen and instead of going through Dundee, I took the Coupar Angus road from Forfar, easy paced journey without having to negotiate the constant traffic build up at the roundabouts in Dundee, bonus(y). We will be returning very soon, it is our favourtite site so far but to be fair, we are new to this and have only been to approx 6 sites all within 2 hours of home.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
It's a site I like too. Last time I was there the amenity block showed its age because of the colour - the cubicles were bright orange panelling! Agree good walking and great for the dog.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We were there over the weekend as well, our son lives in Perth. Used the site lots, very handy for the bus into Perth as well. The site has improved since the toilet block was refurbished a couple of years ago and they have taken down around half the trees on site so there's more light.

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We were there over the weekend as well, our son lives in Perth. Used the site lots, very handy for the bus into Perth as well. The site has improved since the toilet block was refurbished a couple of years ago and they have taken down around half the trees on site so there's more light.

I hope I was behaving myself ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back