We Are Off Yahoooooo (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
:D:DThree to four weeks touring France, Switzerland and a bit of Italy. Hitting the road in a couple of hours, tunnel booked early tomorrow morning, will try to post some of our trip on here when Wifi allows(y) but we may well be just enjoying ourselves to much;) hopefully :doh: will miss you all :sneaky::p

See ya later:D

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Have a great time Tim (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well the drive to the tunnel was pretty uneventful and apart from some dick driving through the freight gate :doh: The tunnel was all good as well.
Driving on the wrong side was as everyone said pretty easy and so far I've only made one mistake and that was in a small quiet village which gave a local lady a laugh.
Because the the weather was pretty shit around Calais, we decided to drive as far south as we could yesterday but the sat nav threw a wobbly and we only made it as far as a man made lake called Lac du dee Chantelle, but in the process drove into the nice warm weather, not to many pics as yet but here's a couple
image.jpg

Our first night in France wild camping.
image.jpg

image.jpg

This would have been my first choice of camping spot but too many bugs for the other half:doh:
image.jpg

The short walk to the lake.
image.jpg
image.jpg

You may be able to spot the van in the distance.
That's all for now from sunny France(y)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well we've been into Switzerland and drove around Lac Leman, back into France, broke down in a motorway service station due to something in the station interfering with the immobiliser, as soon as we got to the breakdown garage it was ok. We now in the Alps and if none of you have ever been, it is an absolute must do ok, the views are to die for. Not good internet at the mo so pics later sorry.

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
A few pics as promised(y)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is our parking spot for the duration of our stay with wife's son in Alpe H'uez, shit view good job it costs nowt:D
image.jpg
Just been to see this today, the drive there was a little exciting to say the least, not helped by a big flock of sheep blocking the track, unfortunately I kept on foregetting to take pics with the phone as well as the camera, ah well till the next time x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 8

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
Have a fab trip..btw you'be got some wow photos already! Enjoy! (y):)

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well it pi**ed it down most of the night but stopped by 6 this morning although still dull and overcast. Drove into Gran Paradiso National Park in Italy, stunning, apart from the weather it was probably the best scenery yet and the best thing, hardly another soul in sight, bliss. But I didn't notice till we had drove right in that the road didn't carry on through so we had to drive back out the way we came, still some of the sights were better tother way around, if some of you are into walking, climbing, cycling or just plain ol chilling out in great scenery then this place is a must, there is a new looking Aire that was empty about half way into the drive.(y)

Anyway from there it was a dash down to the coast and thankfully for OH not too hot at the mo.:)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And from our dog walk along the seafront at Varigotti.(y)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just caught up with this thread, love the photos, keep them coming looks beautiful.

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Followed the coast back into France today, spent a few hours in Monarco:D Drove around some of the F1 track and then suprisingly parked up for free by the Marina and had lunch, most of the pics are on camera buts here's a couple(y)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Weather was overcast but hot:D I would have loved to have a good walk around but the misses suffers with the heat:doh: So I didn't go far :crying:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Where was the campsite Tim ? We're heading for the Cote d'azure on Thursday night. Planning on using ACSI sites and have a few earmarked nr Frejus, Cavalaire, Hyeres and Sanary sur mer.

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi @snowdrops
It's no 2403 on page 449 in the 2015 ACSI Book, Le Vallon Rouge in La Colle-sur-Loup. Nearly all the pitches by the river were free but they are the most expensive, (think it cost me about 28 euro with two dogs) toilets and showers a little tired but just about ok, no on site shop but fresh bread and croissants can be ordered for morning delivery, village is about 3km away so within easy walk, cycle.
Anything I've missed just ask away(y)

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Not many pics today, but we are parked up in a nice lil spot high in the hills above St.-Vallier-de-Thiey in France, stopped in said town for a spot of late lunch. I notice there seems to be a nice little path that goes up the hill a bit more so might take the dogs for a bit of an explore later;)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You can just see the van in our wild spot for the night in the last two.
It's been a bit of everything weather wise today, chucked it down early this morning then sunny till we pulled in to park, now it's f*ckin chucking it down again:p But it's still warm(y)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hi @snowdrops
It's no 2403 on page 449 in the 2015 ACSI Book, Le Vallon Rouge in La Colle-sur-Loup. Nearly all the pitches by the river were free but they are the most expensive, (think it cost me about 28 euro with two dogs) toilets and showers a little tired but just about ok, no on site shop but fresh bread and croissants can be ordered for morning delivery, village is about 3km away so within easy walk, cycle.
Anything I've missed just ask away(y)
Haha brilliant ! It's actually on my short list ! Thanks for the recce :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back