Side Door Wont Open Renault Master Pvc (1 Viewer)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
When we picked it up at the weekend I couldn't open the side door and the chap selling it said there must be a knack to it. Sure enough he opened it easy in one go.

I've got it home and I just can't open it from inside or outside.

Anybody know what the knack is?

Also is it broken and does anybody know how to diagnose it or.. is it just a knack?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
is it central locking try working the fob a few times and listen to the lock to see if it's working
bill

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
is it central locking try working the fob a few times and listen to the lock to see if it's working
bill

Thanks.. I've been googling and licking does seem to be a recurring theme but he didn't touch the lock.. Will try it in the morning.

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Pull harder.

May be the runners and lock latch need lubrication.

Pulling or pushing from the inside makes no difference.. if it needs a bit of grease so you happen to know if it can be accessed without opening the door?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Push the door in from out side while opening operating handle then try pulling it open
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We are packing up for 10 days in an apartment (leaving in about an hour in the car) in Lanzarote so not had much time. I went and wiggled the locks inside and with the key and pushed and pulled to no avail but then Ms Tigger called me in to pack some clothes in a bag or something... will have to await my return now.. I will dig out this thread to try some of the other ideas and let you know..

unlike my old van the back doors open on this one so it wont stop us using it..

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The jab door on my motorhome occasionally does something like this and as Bill said push it closed. Operate the fob to unlock and it should unlock the door.

There are a pair of contacts on the door that are not being made. Leaning against the door fixes it for me (y)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi if you are outside try pushing the opposite side of the door (to the lock) in --same if on inside but push outwards as you try opening-If you don't quite slide hard enough the catch opposite the handle does not quite latch and sticks -once opened give it a drink of oil and grease and next time you shut it a good slam ;)
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
tell him you taking it to a dealer service centre to sort out and he is paying the bill or you want your money back?:coffee:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back