Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
can anyone recommend a good iron? travelling to France Spain and Portugal many on low amp hook ups?

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Lugged a travel iron round for years and never used it once (nor did Jan). Don't bother to carry one now. (y)

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Prior to getting our first motorhome I was extremely fussy about thing being ironed , even jeans and tea towels. Then we went away on our first long trip and it was a complete revelation to me that most clothes, especially t-shirts, look absolutely fine without being ironed. If you fold them up carefully when they've been washed and dried, especially if they have been dried in the sunshine, then the heat of your body usually takes care of any little creases.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
whats wrong with old fashioned flat irons, heat on the gas or use any old knackered iron.

It's the one I have! My mum got it from my grand mother (dad's mum) and since then I've always wanted it! Got it last Christmas to go in Max!!!!
Mind you before that I had a set of stones we call them Galets (you find them on beaches sometimes) and I had one big for Jeans, one thin for small things and one looking a bit like a triangle for difficult/tiny bits. In the sun ...it gets very hot, OR in boiling water with a special glove to take them out ... easy!
No electricity at all!
But now I have my very old one , going on gas! I'm a happy bunny!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Carried an iron for 5 years, never used it, but john did once !
Majority of campsites have irons in the laundry room, decent ironing board too, if you really feel the need. Chose clothes wisely, non iron shirts, quick dry stuff too. A good tip is to get the washing off the line while it is warm and smooth out on a flat surface. Or wear linen, it always looks creased anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
When desperate a small travel iron, the type which squirts water and steams a bit does the job. We have a "Russell Hobbs Steam Glide Travel Iron" (I am told!) Not the smallest but for those dinner invitations to the ambassador's residence it is fine.

Better still, buy non-iron clothing.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back