Warning, Blisters, Jim and motor home shows cost a fortune. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well after dumping both my leisure batteries after about 30 hours over the weekend at newark, Blisters kindly lent me a Honda eu10 genny to recharge.
This state of the art peice of equipment was exactly that, state of the art. I was really amazed at how quiet it was and how good a job it done.
Jim then popped up with the you can't beat a honda and they can be converted to LPG.
Mind then ticks over and over,
whop bang whallop,
My pocket is now seriously lighter, the moths have flown away, but I now have a nice Honda eu10 for my wild camping and motorhome shows. All i need now is a good chain to prevent it being stolen,

So thanks guys for making me see the light.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
even if has cost the earth:Eeek::whatthe::Angry:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Being a tight wad and owning a Kipor, you may think I'm going to give you an argument:Sad:
But the fact is I cant, Honda are without doubt the best and you have chosen to go that route, just don't park near me:Eeek: there ain't a chain made I cant get through:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Gas convetion

Hi guys
I purchased our hondA FROM Edge Technology already converted to gas. They sell the gas convertions for ÂŁ145 aprox. There service was very good, and can recommend them.
Gas is half the price of petrol, which softens the blow just a little, and saves having to carry petrol around loose in a can ? :thumb:

Sorry we did not meet at Newark but hope to see you at Peterbourgh.
Pudseykeith & Rosalie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi guys
I purchased our hondA FROM Edge Technology already converted to gas. They sell the gas convertions for ÂŁ145 aprox. There service was very good, and can recommend them.
Gas is half the price of petrol, which softens the blow just a little, and saves having to carry petrol around loose in a can ? :thumb:

Sorry we did not meet at Newark but hope to see you at Peterbourgh.
Pudseykeith & Rosalie

Hi Keith, I did see you but was a bit busy talking to people, I recognised your lovely van from the S****horpe meet. I know of edge technology as they are 5 mins drive from me. Blisters (graham) told me of them and I willl get the gas kit as soon as the blow of purchasing such an expensive bit of kit softens.:thumb:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
hi Paul and long suffering Nikki

I agree these shows are good for socializing but bad for the pocket, we weren't planning on buying anything at Newark, but spent ÂŁ200 on bits n bobs.

We did however save some money by thinking and not buying, whilst at the show there was a guy selling a 5 litre metal Jerry can, i thought good idea to carry the petrol in for the genie, but at ÂŁ30 a little steep, so came home and got one from one of our trade suppliers for ÂŁ15 plus vat:thumb:, if you want one let me know and i'll get you one, I'll be at Peterborough.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I also bought a gennie, for the same reason - flat batteries at Newbury) though not a classy Honda one. Mine is made in China and cost less than ÂŁ70 including VAT and next day delivery.
You can see it at Newbury (I expect you'll hear it anyway:ROFLMAO:)

I'll let you know what it's like after a trial.

Link Removed

shifter

Free Member
Jan 18, 2009
wee island across pond NI
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
3 years
My pocket is now seriously lighter, the moths have flown away, but I now have a nice Honda eu10 for my wild camping and motorhome shows. All i need now is a good chain to prevent it being stolen,

even if has cost the earth:Eeek::whatthe::Angry:[/quote]

hiya
forget about the chain,get a sheet of heavy aluminium cut to length of genny and twise the width,unscrew rubber feet and put bolt threw sheet and back on to genny.so genny is attached to alu sheet with about 18" sticking out.when you park up drive MH wheel on to the access part of alu sheet. ::bigsmile::thumb: let them try nicking now:coolthumb:

IAN.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

even if has cost the earth:Eeek::whatthe::Angry:

hiya
forget about the chain,get a sheet of heavy aluminium cut to length of genny and twise the width,unscrew rubber feet and put bolt threw sheet and back on to genny.so genny is attached to alu sheet with about 18" sticking out.when you park up drive MH wheel on to the access part of alu sheet. ::bigsmile::thumb: let them try nicking now:coolthumb:

IAN.[/quote]

good idea Ian but where are you gonna store it, when travelling, with an extra 18" of metal hanging out the side:Doh:

shifter

Free Member
Jan 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
3 years
hiya

IAN.

good idea Ian but where are you gonna store it, when travelling, with an extra 18" of metal hanging out the side:Doh:[/quote]
HYA PAPPAJOHN
i have it on my genny and it fits into side locker of MH, as it is a flat sheet of metal once you have it in you can then set the rest of your managery on top of it.
IAN.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Link Removed We purchased one of these too but it has not been used yet, we first bought one of the larger ones from Aldi's but realises it was to say just a tad too big:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappaohn's idea is brilliant!

Perhaps if limited for storage space/weight would one bar across n one down of narrowish flat iron or like poss work ?

Sorry if this idea is dumb :Doh: but knowing how easy chains can be hacked thought it may be of use

champers

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
hiya

Whats to stop them jacking up the wheel :Doh:

Best bet is to paint the thing lipstick pink and stick flowerpower stickers on it, then nobody will want to nick it :RollEyes:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Link Removed We purchased one of these too but it has not been used yet, we first bought one of the larger ones from Aldi's but realises it was to say just a tad too big:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappaohn's idea is brilliant!

Perhaps if limited for storage space/weight would one bar across n one down of narrowish flat iron or like poss work ?

Sorry if this idea is dumb :Doh: but knowing how easy chains can be hacked thought it may be of use

champers

well thank you very much champers, but i wasnt my idea, it was Ian's (shifter):ROFLMAO:

shifter

Free Member
Jan 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
3 years
Whats to stop them jacking up the wheel :Doh:

THE GENNY DOESNT BE LEFT OUT WHEN WE ARE AWAY FROM MH.I THINK I WOULD NOTICE IF SOMEONE WAS JACKING THE MH UP WHILST I WAS IN IT.

CHEERS IAN

[AKA PAPAJOHN] :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back