RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Just give our new MH a good clean this afternoon ready for first outing and noticed shower tray cracked round plug hole :(

Can anybody point me in right direction to get it sorted ?

Its an ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140GT 2008 MODEL

Regards phill

trevorf

Free Member
Feb 19, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Can be a problem sourcing replacement trays and even if you do the whole bathroom needs to come out to fit them. Best solution is to find a company that can coat over them. Here is one:-

Trevor

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Can be a problem sourcing replacement trays and even if you do the whole bathroom needs to come out to fit them. Best solution is to find a company that can coat over them. Here is one:-

Trevor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
when i looked at it i thought it might come out easy !!!!!
but i'm new to this :(
looks like its going to be expensive !!!!!!

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
£199, pretty reasonable as motorhomes repairs go

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
You would think that by now Motorhome manufacturers would be capable of making motorhomes that don't leak and also shower trays that don't break within a year or two of being built, the standard of mouldings is absolute rubbish, far too thin and flimsy plastic.

If they made them of fibreglass the cost of initial build might be another £30 but would be worth every penny but then it might do the repair shops out of a bit of work.

They build boats that can take far harder punishment than the average van but the mouldings never ever break so easily and neither do they leak so easily otherwise they would sink.

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You could try mixing up some Aradite and pushing it through the crack and around the bowl of the drain. Smooth of the surface with wet and dry emery paper.
Then buy one of these ----------- Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You could try mixing up some Aradite and pushing it through the crack and around the bowl of the drain. Smooth of the surface with wet and dry emery paper.
Then buy one of these ----------- Broken Link Removed
You are my type of bodger. But when you have just spend £30K plus on a MH you tend to be a little delicate about them and rightly so.

Me I just pulled the bugger up and slapped some fibre glass and resin on it's arse. Still holding strong but looks like Sh&t. :p:LOL:

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You are my type of bodger. But when you have just spend £30K plus on a MH you tend to be a little delicate about them and rightly so

I do find that after a life time of bodging that my bodger's are getting 'almost' top quality.
I love replacing cheap plastic with stainless steel or aluminium parts. Not that my wife always appreciates my efforts - 'why cant I ever have a new one!' is a common cry in our house.
There is also a large dose of satisfaction when they do work out.
If all else fails - where's the harm, you're back to square one.

Upvote 0

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi There is a company who specialize in repairs they are called Speedcoat but they might be a little expensive but if you are keeping the van .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back