Blueberries And Greek Yoghurt On The Carpet ! (1 Viewer)

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
On our way to Lac DuDer from Nancy we had a really long rough patch of motorway . When going round a roundabout BANG the fridge door opened and contents many contents flew out ! I sprung out of my seat gathered everything and put it back......getting the blame for not shutting it properly . Later at yet another roundabout the very same happened bout the yohurt tub burst as well as the blueberry container and the result was a right mess ! Hubby pulled up to the roadside at earliest opportunity to clear up . Turns out that the catch has got very loose and with the rough road worked it open! Hubby did fiddle about with it and now re assures me that the catch is much tighter ! It is a Dometic ...has this happened to anyone else ?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Yes Many Times I ended up putting a pop rivet in the hole at the opposite side to the hinges as the repair kit for the door lock is about £12 and a waste of time as the locking mechanism is crap imho,this has not failed me yet .:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Again many.... many times!:)

But no mess thankfully...door lock fine just forget to use it. Same goes for drawers....I'll get the hang of this eventually!lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We have touch wood never had that problem occur. However the cupboard opposite the fridge frequently gets the lock off, and I will be negotiating a roundabout or some such obstacle and there will be an almighty clattering as the stainless steel steamer pans make a bid for freedom across the back of the van.

I have got used to it now but at first it was very disconcerting, surprisingly enough they have never suffered any dents.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
For any yoghurt residue on the carpet, try soaking it up with talcum powder or salt might work if no talc.
A steamer on it when you get home should get anything out.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Sounds a good mix for dessert :whistle::whistle:
Blueberries & Yogurt...yum, yum (y)(y)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
No trip would be complete without our Dometic fridge puking its contents on the floor during a tight turn.

The door height is adjustable (after a fashion) by fiddling with the size of washer on the bottom hinge, after unscrewing the top hinge and lifting the door off. It might be that it's hanging too low to lock properly, or too high to lock tightly.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We (I) broke two of the weedy plastic slide catches, replaced them both at about £12 each as said, then at a service (Hambiltons Preston) they noticed the catch was out of alignment sorted it fitted a third catch been perfect since.

What I had noticed was that when I broke the plastic slide and removed it, the actual lock is metal, I was able to push this over with a screwdriver and it never came open. Probably should have just left it like that :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sounds a good mix for dessert :whistle::whistle:
Blueberries & Yogurt...yum, yum (y)(y)

daughter and wife's fav brekie in a rush these days is: porridge mixed with yogurt and frozen summer fruits or blueberries. left in fridge overnight ..eaten cold in the morning. its a bit cold for me..prefer my porridge warm:)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
On our way to Lac DuDer from Nancy we had a really long rough patch of motorway . When going round a roundabout BANG the fridge door opened and contents many contents flew out ! I sprung out of my seat gathered everything and put it back......getting the blame for not shutting it properly . Later at yet another roundabout the very same happened bout the yohurt tub burst as well as the blueberry container and the result was a right mess ! Hubby pulled up to the roadside at earliest opportunity to clear up . Turns out that the catch has got very loose and with the rough road worked it open! Hubby did fiddle about with it and now re assures me that the catch is much tighter ! It is a Dometic ...has this happened to anyone else ?
Hijack here, do you mean the site near St dizier? If so can you recommend it? Looking for our next stop going north. Thanks.

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hijack here, do you mean the site near St dizier? If so can you recommend it? Looking for our next stop going north. Thanks.

Hi . Yes there are several Aires around the Lac Du Der the one we stayed in is in Giffamont Champaubert and was free . If you are into cycling there are several bike tracks around the lake . The forecast is not great tomorrow but gets hotter on Tuesday ,in fact it looks like a bit of a heatwave is on its way here . By the way the fridge contents have stayed put so husbands fiddling must have helped.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
@Cobweb Thanks, we are at langres going on the camper stop tomorrow to visit the town then Tues coming up that way. Looking at the acsi site with pool to cool off in. Forecast looks great from Tuesday:cool:. Then maybe Verdun for few days.
Glad your fridge is fixed, looks like you are going to need it!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
fridge door and contents on the floor go hand in hand with motorhomes. in fact I have heard of a few fridge doors falling off completely on rough journeys

as for getting yoghurt out of carpets, I find the dogs take care of the worst and a coating with talc left to dry before hoovering helps a lot. then steam clean at the earliest opportunity to kill bacteria

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
BTW, we went to visit friends in Denia, they live up top of a mountain. They said oh its quiet no big traffic in February you'll be fine. We filled the fridge after a big supermarket shop then set off up the mountain. First hairpin bend, bang, everything out. OK pull up, have a row who's fault is it, sort it set off. Almost up the mountain down comes a cement mixer!! Les just kept cool and reversed until we could pass. I was under the dashboard saying my prayers. Had a lovely time when we got there though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
@Cobweb Thanks, we are at langres going on the camper stop tomorrow to visit the town then Tues coming up that way. Looking at the acsi site with pool to cool off in. Forecast looks great from Tuesday:cool:. Then maybe Verdun for few days.
Glad your fridge is fixed, looks like you are going to need it!
Hi . Have you tried Langres cheese ? It tastes a lot better than it smells . We are heading south towards Limousin and the Dordogne
Next stop campsite South of Auxerre to catch up with laundry and other chores if the weather is a bit iffy tomorrow . We are in a nice riverside aire Gurgy with hookup and we think that we have blown the EHU by plugging our kettle in ! Nothing works on the EHU the trip switches or the main switch ! The thing is that at least 5 other vans have lost their power as well ! I feel like hiding seeing everyone fiddling around with it ! Hopefully someone will come and fix it . All the fault of bloody Rostbeef with their electric kettle! The joys of motorhoming !

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Keep schtum! Will:whistle: (might) smell/ try the langres cheese tomorrow. Have a great trip, love the dordogne(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back