What Time To Turn Music Off? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
It's 950pm and we are on Chatsworth CC site - lovely site and priced accordingly.

Trouble is, we've been listening to Kool & the Gang now for the past hour.
Now I'm partial to a bit of get down on it occasionally, but only when it's from my stereo, not some inconsiderate tit in the motorhome next door but one.
So loud, we can't hear our TV.
So, at what time is considered acceptable for me to go round and knock on the door?
Don't want to be a killjoy as it is Saturday night and Ladies Night after all but there's got to be some consideration to the neighbours.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
on a site that is clearly aimed at families and doesn't have a club house I would say 9pm. On a more grown up site later and if there is a club house as soon as you can't hear the club house any more... although this is just my opinion and if it is bugging you perhaps just a friendly 'Hi, did you know that's so loud I can hear it from my van' might be in order

Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
How's this for a solution , go join the party .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think a friendly knock on the door will normally get the response and reaction you want, they will probably be far more embarrassed than you are cross

There is of course always the chance they don't give a damn and will be rude and possibly violent back, so maybe just turns your TV up, just be sure to keep an ear out for theirs going off or you might get all the blame from the warden in the morning :)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Not something you want to hear,but,have a word with the Warden,or their assistant. They are covered by insurance if it turns sour,remember," Many a mans mouth has earned him a broken nose LOL" But i am sure,those of you who stay at CC Chatsworth,are above all that....... ? LOL!!
Tea Bag

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I think if its still going on now I would go knock on the door and tell them nicely you cant hear your tv and you are 2 away from them. Goodness knows what the neighbours in between you both think of it.
If you dont want conflict then maybe you could ask the warden to have a word.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
A word with the warden would be my approach and if that doesn't work a brick through his/her window with a note attached asking to turn the volume down. When asked why it was attached to the brick that came through the window explain that you were banging on the door for half an hour but the music was so loud you couldn't be heard :LOL:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
They may not even realise its causing a problem if they are using the cab radio/ stereo and the front speakers, more sound seems to go outwards than inwards on those!!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
"I'm so sorry to disturb you but would you mind turning the music down a bit, or maybe using headphones now that it's after ten? The kids/ grandkids are trying to get to sleep, and we don't want them to start screaming when they get really tired, it sets the dogs off howling and THAT goes on all night....."

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Id be tempted to take a bottle over & gate crash with my best rave cd :D & on the next night follow it up with my allnighter :LOL: cos we dont don one nighters only weekenders :p

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Omg, the music has gone quieter

Payback is sweet, - we have a 20month old daughter who tomorrow, will be exercising her tonsils at 7am - I'll make sure she's up and will take away her bottle just to ensure she hits the high notes!

Perhaps they were reading this thread:D

Deleted User
Bleeding 'ell, hijacked by the miserable club i.e. Cc. If your still up watching your own tv what's the issue? I expect your neighbours can also hear yours as you are in a motorhome not a house, what's it coming to if folks are moaning cause they can't enjoy their own none silent pastimes?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Sorry Millie - I cannot agree with that. The same as the Highway Code requires consideration to other road users - the camping code requires consideration for other site users.

And it doesn't matter whether you are on a club site, a MHF or other rally field, an aire, or wild camping.

It applies everywhere !

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I hate formal caravan sites of any description for these type of problems. I have always worked on the principal that if the noise can be heard outside of the van with doors and windows closed, it is too loud day or night. This is a rule on most naturist club sites I have used.

This rule also applies when wild parking as highlighted by the Spanish Police on Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
So, at what time is considered acceptable for me to go round and knock on the door?

I sympathise with you...... the answer to your question (removing all emotion) is any time you like whilst they are still making the noise :)

On a separate note (slight hijack) it is one of the many reasons why I prefer to 'wild camp' :)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
I think 10p.m. is a reasonable enough request on any site.I don't mean switch everything off and go to bed:rolleyes: but keep in down to an acceptable level and respect the fact that there are other people camping on the site.just our thoughts.
Brian & Jo

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think a friendly knock on the door will normally get the response and reaction you want, they will probably be far more embarrassed than you are cross

There is of course always the chance they don't give a damn and will be rude and possibly violent back, so maybe just turns your TV up, just be sure to keep an ear out for theirs going off or you might get all the blame from the warden in the morning :)

I see...the nucleur escalation option?:)

Reactions: CWH

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Reminds us of at Caravan Club at Garlieston 2 years ago.
M/H with 2 teenage girls started playing music at 4.00pm:groan: . Within 5 mins. over came the female Warden, who could have played prop for Neath, told them to shut up or pack up. It had the desired effect :clap2::clap2:

Deleted User
Wonder if the warden would have done the same if it was a couple of 70 odd year olds enjoying music at 4 in the afternoon :)

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We had the same in Spain two pitches four caravans, plenty of noise up til 12 .o,clock then resonably quiet it was Easter and the Sanish families where on holiday so not worth complaining to the office it is their country after all, some people did but no change so a waste of time, we just enjoyed the music.

On the other side of the coin so to speak, the young girl who lives next door to us knocked on the door on Friday to inform us that she was having a party that night and if the noise or music was to loud to please knock and tell her, as it happens we didn,t hear a thing . Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back