Free Member
Jul 21, 2014
Southampton
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer motorhome
Exp
since the 70s
I have a problem. The fuel guage on my Peugeot boxer van is going haywire. One minute it is reading half tank, next it's three quarters full or nearly empty. I filled up and it was ok, for about 3 miles, then went haywire again. It is jumping all over the show. Can anyone give me a lead where to start to solve this please.??

OP
OP
ecky

ecky

Free Member
Jul 21, 2014
Southampton
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer motorhome
Exp
since the 70s
Thanks Gus,
That will be somewhere to make a start.
Ecky.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Usually it's the fuel sender unit but unfortunately it's part of the low pressure pump in the tank, but on the upside the last one I changed was about £80 if I remember correctly, remove carpet under passenger seat for access to the tank, simple job to do,
Or alternatively fill up tank note miles run and always fill up before you are down to a 1/4 full,

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have the same problem on our 2001 Fiat Hymer.
I just use the trip meter, set to zero when I fill up and I know I need to look for fuel when I get to 300 miles.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We have the same problem on our 2001 Fiat Hymer.
I just use the trip meter, set to zero when I fill up and I know I need to look for fuel when I get to 300 miles.
Crikey :eek::eek::eek: I don't have a dodgy fuel gauge but if I did I know I can go 800 miles before a re-fill :eek:

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have a problem. The fuel guage on my Peugeot boxer van is going haywire. One minute it is reading half tank, next it's three quarters full or nearly empty. I filled up and it was ok, for about 3 miles, then went haywire again. It is jumping all over the show. Can anyone give me a lead where to start to solve this please.??
I had a similar problem and discovered it was the earth track eroding on the pcb on the back of the speedo/gauge cluster. I cured it by connecting an earth wire to the appropriate gauge terminal. The most difficult part of the job was re-connecting the speedo cable but solved that with the help of a length of string with a loop in the end.

OP
OP
ecky

ecky

Free Member
Jul 21, 2014
Southampton
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer motorhome
Exp
since the 70s
Thanks for all your reply's to this problem. It's given me some places to make a start. Looks like this weekend will be overalls on and get under the bonnet time. lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back