Free Member
May 25, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
9 years
Hi all I am the holder of a pair of tickets for the rugby World Cup quarter final in Cardiff in October
Unfortunately have been unable to find out about any motorhome parking in the city the camp site at Sophia gardens is booked solid
So funsters does anyone know of something ?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all I am the holder of a pair of tickets for the rugby World Cup quarter final in Cardiff in October
Unfortunately have been unable to find out about any motorhome parking in the city the camp site at Sophia gardens is booked solid
So funsters does anyone know of something ?
We do, but it is either a bus ride or train ride into the city. We are only talking 15 to 20 mins travel time. Further details via PM. ;)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
That's an evening kick off on a Saturday I think. (We didn't manage to get tickets for that one but got tickets for the Wales Fiji match on 1st Oct) We have stayed in Sophia Gardens campsite and have noticed other motor homes parking overnight in the main Sophia gardens car park which if you have a small van that fits in the parking bay may be ok (some spaces would allow a small overhang on the grass) The vans had their screens on so we're obviously camping there and were there all day Saturday and Sunday without being moved on and no ticket. It is pay and display and you can park overnight but not sure if the rules actually allow camping. We are in Cardiff on Saturday so if we get chance will have a look at the sign to see what it says.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
look at the cl sites on the outskirts of the city you may be lucky if not we will help you out and take the tickets off your hands lol swanseajack I will look for a site for you if you have no luck in the next week or so ray

OP
OP
W

wurzelwagon

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
9 years
That's an evening kick off on a Saturday I think. (We didn't manage to get tickets for that one but got tickets for the Wales Fiji match on 1st Oct) We have stayed in Sophia Gardens campsite and have noticed other motor homes parking overnight in the main Sophia gardens car park which if you have a small van that fits in the parking bay may be ok (some spaces would allow a small overhang on the grass) The vans had their screens on so we're obviously camping there and were there all day Saturday and Sunday without being moved on and no ticket. It is pay and display and you can park overnight but not sure if the rules actually allow camping. We are in Cardiff on Saturday so if we get chance will have a look at the sign to see what it says.

OP
OP
W

wurzelwagon

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
9 years

OP
OP
W

wurzelwagon

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
9 years
Much appreciated tuftywufty thank you
look at the cl sites on the outskirts of the city you may be lucky if not we will help you out and take the tickets off your hands lol swanseajack I will look for a site for you if you have no luck in the next week or so ray

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Depending on size of van we parked on a guys garage hard standing within walking distance of Motorpoint arena. We found it on www.parkatmyhouse.com. Our van is 6 metres plus back box and we overhang a bit but it was a quiet residential estate so was fine (y)

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Here are some photos of the car park at Sophia Gardens and the pay and display signs. There are some long parking bays where you can park one behind the other on the road leading into the car park (where you can see the MH parked up).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
W

wurzelwagon

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
9 years
Many thanks tuftywufty appreciate you taking the time think we may just go for it
Cheers

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
The Sophia Gardens is getting ridiculously expensive. We were looking to book for w/e of 10th July as we've got theatre tickets for WMC and it's also the International food festival in Cardiff Bay so were going to make a weekend of it. It's usually £30pn which is bad enough but because the Ashes are on at the SWALEC next door then they are charging £40pn that w/e!!!!

The site was full for all the rugby dates for the World Cup ages ago so we missed the boat there but I notice the motorcaravanners have a meet in Cardiff on 1st Oct so maybe we will join them rather than drive from home.

Hope the parking works out ok @wurzelwagon .... Might try it ourselves if all else fails or @cliffandger posted a good link.

OP
OP
W

wurzelwagon

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
9 years
Just to let you all know Llandaff rugby club are opening up the rugby club and facilities for camping an motorhomes during the rugby world cup so have secured overnight parking there for £20 a night
Many thanks for all your help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back