New Van Tomorrow, Keep Same Name? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Well our new van arrives tomorrow and our beloved 1st van the Milliemobile will be going.
I want to keep the name for the new van, Nige says we shouldn't. What to do?:confused:

Have booked 4 days away next week on CC sites in North Yorkshire to test the new van, Hawes and Leyburn.
Despite being born in York and living in Yorkshire for many years on and off never been to either place, so hopefully will be fun and nothing will go wrong with the new van. :)

Lin

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
What type of new van is it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Its another panel van, an auto trail v-line, not too different to current, bit smaller and a fixed bed.

Lin

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We love Hawes. Sure you will too. Good pubs , nice ale and grub. Plus they let you take well behaved , non yappy dogs in.
Curry cottage is good too.

Just because your new van isn't called milliemobile , you don't have to change your user name.
We've called ours Pug . It's a Peugeot . Our last one was mizzi it was a Ci mizar GTL.
What's your new one ?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
V-line.
Why not Vera ?

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Names are personal but if it was me I might think of Villie or Villemobile. Have to take care that it's not known as the "Vile Mobile"!!! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP

Deleted User
Yes the reviews mentioned some good pubs, think that swung the decision to start there :)
New van is Auto trail V-line 620.
Would have loved to have built our own like you guys, but insufficient ability or talent vetoed that idea.

Lin

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Well our new van arrives tomorrow and our beloved 1st van the Milliemobile will be going.
I want to keep the name for the new van, Nige says we shouldn't. What to do?:confused:

Have booked 4 days away next week on CC sites in North Yorkshire to test the new van, Hawes and Leyburn.
Despite being born in York and living in Yorkshire for many years on and off never been to either place, so hopefully will be fun and nothing will go wrong with the new van. :)

Lin
Think you should keep the name you've had all these years. We only started last year with a motor home, changed it last week but its still 'Toad Hall'

OP
OP

Deleted User
Think you should keep the name you've had all these years. We only started last year with a motor home, changed it last week but its still 'Toad Hall'
We only been at it since last June, I want to keep it as Milliemobile, may just extend to Milliemobile's Vino Trail :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
No, IMO names are personal and should stay with your 1st van, new name for a new van. Vinny the van. (y)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Millie2 as a possible new name. I feel that a change of name is required with a new van.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Yes I would like to keep Millie as it's named after our departed dog. Silly but would feel bad if she wasn't included in our adventures. :)

Lin

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

Lin
Make sure you get some fish and chips in Hawes - the f&c at the cafe is excellent!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
How about George ?

Reason ? Absolutely none, but it is completely different and totally random !

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well she goes in a few hours and new one arrives, hopefully a name will spring up as we use. Sure Millhouse (Millie) will be fine about whatever we pick :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Have fun, I reckon a new name will come to you pretty quickly when you see it and get inside

With it being a little smaller, how about Millie Minor :)

2 great places you have chosen, we stop off in Leyburn for a walk round and a coffee before going on to Hawes to stop over (y)

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Exciting day for you both today then (y) congratulations on your new m/h happy travels

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back