Proposed 'aire' At Canterbury (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Done

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Done with some, hopefully, useful comments/suggestions!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
There is a short survey to complete for the Council

https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=142462598431

Let's support it
Not knowing the immediate area Helen, I was concerned that neither Rita nor I were best placed to complete the survey, however, after emailing Colin Perris at Canterbury City Council, we received a welcoming reply recognising our concerns, asking us to complete the survey nonetheless.

Job done. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
hope they go ahead with this, survey filled in and suggestions made, particularly as motorhome parking has been curtailed effectively from 6pm in many parts of herne bay now, (have suggested also that they extend the hours there to at least 9pm from 6pm to enable those who have spent the day, to be able also to enjoy an evening meal)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
In a second email reply from Colin Perris at Canterbury City Council, he tells us that "Reculver is such a peaceful area not like other parts of Europe", then (jokingly) adds the following photo.

racing.jpg

:LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have already used their facility at the park and ride on several occasions and think it is a great idea. Now to provide even more shows what a forward thinking council Canterbury has. Well done and as also English Heritage members, it's now on our "todo" list.

Other local authorities please take note!

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Supported! This needs to be copied everywhere.
Reculver's only 20 mins from us too so we can overnight there and pretend we're somewhere miles and miles away :LOL:

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
hope they go ahead with this, survey filled in and suggestions made, particularly as motorhome parking has been curtailed effectively from 6pm in many parts of herne bay now, (have suggested also that they extend the hours there to at least 9pm from 6pm to enable those who have spent the day, to be able also to enjoy an evening meal)

I think Swalecliff Ave car park is ok overnight. They're doing some work in there at the moment but half of it is still open. The council told me that motorhome spaces have been/are being provided there, and... it's free!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think Swalecliff Ave car park is ok overnight. They're doing some work in there at the moment but half of it is still open. The council told me that motorhome spaces have been/are being provided there, and... it's free!
The picture on Streetview shows a height barrier on this car park, has it been removed?

Canterbury appear to be a very forward looking council. Their existing Aire on the Park and Ride car park outside of Canterbury is a good example of what other councils should be doing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back