Starting Problem Fixed I Think (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have had a starting problem with the van I put it down to a air lock somewhere in the system any way
we have made the bich work today.
Probably the hardest it's worked from the rebuild we have ben up in the peck district up and down some very steep hills.
On one particular very long up hill run there seemed to be a increase in power half way up.
after the engine seemed to change tone for no reason engine fart.
well we stopped for three hrs to go for a walk and was ready for the long crank to start the engine
it started virtually right away.
dismissing it as a one off got on our merry way we stopped me and the weeman went off to play a round of golf.
Engine cooled right down the wife wanted to park so we can have the BBQ out started the engine first turn it fired up and very lital smoke.
Will se what the bich is like in the morning
bill

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Odd, maybe one of the cylinders wasn't pulling its weight? Injector or pump or perhaps a valve sticking or not sealing properly? But if it's now working - great!

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
@DBK I think it was the NRV on the lift pump as it was hard to crank the fuel up think it was running back and the system wasn't staying pressurised

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Great news Bill. Hope the lady that is your van stars to behave correctly for you from now on..... you will that have to ask for a name change for her as well. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back