Exp
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we use similar on small pumps at work, I really can't see it working on grey waste, as you say gravity alone will hardly push the pipe apart, but the biggest problem will be having the right length, it will not go round corners, you need a long bend, so really not sure what length you would need to start with

Non starter I would have thought, only advantage would be packing size, but we only have about 5m of flexible corrugated hose that coils up small enough for our outside locker and has always been long enough (we actually have 2 lengths 1.5 and 3.5m with a joint. (y)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I use the corrugated type and its stored inside a narrow width drain pipe which is screwed to the ceiling of the garage, so it's out of the way but easy to stowe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Lay-flat hose is fine for pumping out, but it kinks very easily, so I wouldn't think it would work too well on gravity dumping IMHO
As Gavlad said---it probably wouldn't open without pressure from a pump (macerator)

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
I've got similar that was left in my motorhome by the last owner. It works fine as long as you have the pipe fairly straight although once 90 litres starts flowing from the tank it's surprising how much pressure is created.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we use similar on small pumps at work, I really can't see it working on grey waste, as you say gravity alone will hardly push the pipe apart, but the biggest problem will be having the right length, it will not go round corners, you need a long bend, so really not sure what length you would need to start with

Non starter I would have thought, only advantage would be packing size, but we only have about 5m of rigid hose that coils up small enough for our outside locker and has always been long enough (we actually have 2 lengths 1.5 and 3.5m with a joint. (y)

That was my thoughts, can't see how it would work.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've got similar that was left in my motorhome by the last owner. It works fine as long as you have the pipe fairly straight although once 90 litres starts flowing from the tank it's surprising how much pressure is created.

Ok when the tanks full but so could when there's less in the tank.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Help me understand :) Do you guys have to attach some sort of hose every time you want to empty Grey tank ?
Don't you have a means of driving over,swinging already attached pipe into position and opening tap ?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Don't you have a means of driving over,swinging already attached pipe into position and opening tap ?
Is this your coachbuilt then??:)

gully.jpg

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I attach the flexi hose to the waste outlet and feed it under the nearest MH/caravan, or into a convenient hedge row, and leave the tap open.
My tank never seems to get filled up and I don't have to drain it out along the road as I am travelling like some seem to do.

:reel:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I attach the flexi hose to the waste outlet and feed it under the nearest MH/caravan, or into a convenient hedge row, and leave the tap open.
My tank never seems to get filled up and I don't have to drain it out along the road as I am travelling like some seem to do.

:reel:
A good plan. We carry a grid top in the van, throw it onto the ground and empty the grey waste into it. If anyone comments, I just say that the grid must be blocked. (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Help me understand :) Do you guys have to attach some sort of hose every time you want to empty Grey tank ?

No, but if your in a position to have your waste drain into a hedge when on a CL it's easier than having to empty tank using a bucket.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Our grey waste outlet has short length of corrugated hose and then a short length of plastic pipe with 'L' end.It clips under chassis.I only have to get alongside, within a couple of ft of, drain point and can then swing nozzle end over drain.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
A good plan. We carry a grid top in the van, throw it onto the ground and empty the grey waste into it. If anyone comments, I just say that the grid must be blocked. (y)(y)(y)
Nice to see your back toots, missed your humour(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back