Insuring When Mh Is Stored On A Farm (1 Viewer)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
I took the advice of funsters and contacted comfort insurance. They wouldnt insure us as the van will be stored at a farm with no locked gates...although it is manned 24 hours.
Any suggestions ? What happens if you stote at home or on the street...that must cause problems?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Parked on the street that's whar my one is I just whip the engine out to immobilise it :rofl:
on a more serious not what age is it.
maybe emobilise it so it cant be started and put a wheel clamp on it there are other ways PM if you want more info
the harder you make it the les chance of thef it just becomes a pane when you want to use it (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Parked on the street that's whar my one is I just whip the engine out to immobilise it :rofl:
maybe emobilise it so it cant be started and put a wheel clamp on it there are other ways PM if you want more info
the harder you make it the les chance of thef it just becomes a pane when you want to use it (y)
thanks
we plan to store on a farm...good advice about immobilising it

its when i say the farm doesn't have a locked gate that the insurers say no!

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
how do i pm?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Farms are not a great place to store motorhomes, they are rarely anything like secure and they are by definition full of wildlife. This includes rats and mice who love nothing more than a nice cosy motorhome to make their nests in. We had a van in last week that is stored on a farm and we have previously found evidence of wildlife nesting in it, this time we found much of the underbody protection gnawed away and damage to the handbrake cable plastic coverings.

My advice would be to find somewhere less agricultural and more secure to store your motorhome.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back