May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi everyone,
I wonder if you could help me? My Talbot express 2.5 TD stutters and is hesitant under load seems to only happen when engine is up to temp any ideas? I await your guidance in anticipation, thankyou. :)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Dirty fuel filter possibly ? when was it last change and is it fitted /seated correctly ?? :think:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi I will order a fuel filter and change it thanks jollyrodger, where are the diesel heater hoses tonyidle if air was getting in wouldn't I have a leak?
Thanks for all your help

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi I will order a fuel filter and change it thanks jollyrodger, where are the diesel heater hoses tonyidle if air was getting in wouldn't I have a leak?
Thanks for all your help

As per another post on here recently, if you have a rubber priming bulb on your filter housing, you can get a split in the rubber which, although it doesn't produce a "classic" leak, draws air into the system, causing spluttering and loss of power.

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
hi jockaneezer thanks for explaining that to me, is it like a diaphragm inside the filter housing? That can split like on a carburettor thanks for your help.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
It's the part listed as item 1 in the attached ebay listing that I was thinking of, the hand priming pump. If any of the other seals shown were u/s, I think you would see a drip or a puddle.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
Oh right thanks I don't think that is the problem it looks quite new ive ordered a new fuel filter and I will change that and see if it does the job thanks for your help.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Thanks for all your help
I don't know whether all versions have them. If yours has there will be fuel hoses connected to the OS end of the cylinder head one of which goes to the filter. If hoses leak on the suction side there is usually no indication: the fuel pump draws air in & when the engine stops fuel falls back to the tank - again drawing air in. They can be a bu**er to spot.

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
ok thanks tony for the info I will investigate further cheers everyone :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back