Blue Badge (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi just got blue badge come today for very poorly wife what are does and donts with 7.5 mitre motorhomes as i dont want to take the mick or spoil it for us motorhomers thanks in anticipation steve

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Only use it when your wife is with you...

Don`t just park anywhere on double yellow lines... you can still be done if you are causing an obstruction or impeding the flow of traffic...

Just use your loaf, really.. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
angusboy
Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks john we should have been gone a week ago but going to try next week

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
If you ever go across the Severn bridge into Wales and the boss is with you show your badge and crossing is free :)

OP
OP
angusboy
Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hey thats really good as we are off to pembrokeshire on wednesday fingers crossed, really not having a good few months just been told today dog seriously ill to say im gutted is understatement, but still going to try and go with him regards steve

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
If you check AA.com blue badge abroad, good download with EU regs in easy language. I did this plus downloaded interpretation for each language visited to stick alongside badge in windscreen.

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
On a car park you will be taking two car spaces up so be very carefully has you may be booked it all depends of were you are ,I nearly did but looked at the paying meter and ask the bloke in uniform and had to pay for one car park enjoy your motorhome

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Scotland has different rules from down south. Less of a time limit in Scotland.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I've just been watching a council contractor (not a council van but a sub-contractor). He had tubs and crate fastened to the inside of his van rear doors so when he opened it the tubs and crates swung out with the doors. He had steps at the back so getting up to the top of the doors was simple for him (and it wasn't a hi-top. Perhaps you could use the idea.... and with an extension piece to the door at a right angle (so that when the door is shut the extension sits along the side wall and when the door is open it forms a screen at the back of the van you have more area inside the van without having to hump crates around. The top shelves / crates / rack which would be too high to access from outside could be used for light bu bulky inside stuff like loo roll, kitchen roll, bin bags and the like :)

I love thinking about ways to do stuff I do....... not always practical solutions but ideas that might help someone :) When we win the lottery I am going to have a custom conversion that will accommodate our kayaks and our cycles - at the same time!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back