Spiralizers (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
If you haven't heard of these, look them up!
They were recommended by Brian's daughter and after a brief period of 'considering' i.e. thinking up reasons to justify buying yet another gadget, I bought one.
Basically they spiralize veggies (make them into thin curly ribbons like spaghetti). Mine can also produce slices of e.g. potato or apple chips.
It's a fun way to add more veggies to your diet - something we definitely need to do.
Most of the online hype centres on zoodles (zucchini (courgette) noodles) but there's plenty more things you can make.
We've just scoffed a dish of sweet potato curly bakes, prepared in moments up to baking time.
I'm fairly confident this gadget won't end up gathering dust in the spare bedroom and I plan to take it in the motorhome to take full advantage of fresh veg from markets.
Karen

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We just like fresh veg, being ( mostly) vegetarian, but that sounds interesting. Probably....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Why not? Or to answer your question:
Because it's fun (I'm easily pleased).
Because I'm a c**p cook and need easy and different ways to prepare veggies.
Because I get fed up with ready meals when we're travelling, with this I'll have a few quick healthy meals I can muster with just a few courgettes etc.

Karen

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Which one have you got?
I am on low carb due to diabetes and have been looking at these. Great way to avoid pasta and up the veggie intake.
Darren.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We use one for our paleo diet... It also makes the spiralised veg quicker to cook.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Which one have you got?
I am on low carb due to diabetes and have been looking at these. Great way to avoid pasta and up the veggie intake.
Darren.
I've got the Cuisique Premium under £30 from Amazon, it also juices and grates so no need to carry those items in the MH.
Karen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back