Is There A Rally For The Fairford International Air Show In July (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. Can't seem to find anything so perhaps there is not one planned? :happy:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Take it you've just been looking through the link that Richard posted for the Vulcan??....we've just had the same conversation....and were reminiscing about the old Mildenhall show @ a tenner a car:)

But sadly, I don't think there is a rally....but we are going to Yeovilton if you want to come & say hello(y)

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Take it you've just been looking through the link that Richard posted for the Vulcan??....we've just had the same conversation....and were reminiscing about the old Mildenhall show @ a tenner a car:)

But sadly, I don't think there is a rally....but we are going to Yeovilton if you want to come & say hello(y)

Thanks.
Certainly the Vulcan has sparked the interest.
Sadly there is a good chance we will be elsewhere for the Yeovilton show, we don't live far from there anyway.
Both big clubs have rally fields for Fairford but they are full. I have put myself on reserve for both but doubt if we can get in. We will see ( or perhaps not!) :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We're booked onto the CC rally site but I did book it ages ago.
Riat is a really busy show so I guess that accommodation is always at a premium. Why not try to get to one of the smaller shows like Dunsfold. They have a site on the airfield but with it being one of Vulcans last displays you might need to book quickly.

Richard.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Heard from Dunsfold that camping is not on the airfield this year but in a nearby field...

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Heard from Dunsfold that camping is not on the airfield this year but in a nearby field...
Just had a look on their map and it is right beside the airfield, almost as close as the old site, and with pedestrian entrance to the show.
Looks a good location.

See you there??

Richard.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Maybe - my partner is working that weekend so trying to decide whether I would enjoy it on my own!!

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Maybe - my partner is working that weekend so trying to decide whether I would enjoy it on my own!!

Dunsfold always has a very friendly and laid back atmosphere which is quite unlike the big airshows like RIAT, Farnborough etc.
Viewing is excellent as the ground rises a little from the runway giving a feeling of being in a grandstand.
We work at a lot of airshows and Dunsfold and Shoreham are by far our favourites because of the friendly attitude of the organisers.
I'm sure you would enjoy it........go for it.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back