Well, That's Us Back From Italy And Bavaria.... (1 Viewer)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Absolutely Fantastic Blog, great pics - some very funny.. have not read it in full detail yet but will be later, looks like you had a fantastic time, am off there ourselves (Italy) end of August into September, I don't know why but i am not really looking forward to it - I love France personally but its my better half's Birthday and she want to go to Italy - so i have to abide.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks TC, we did enjoy it but to be honest probably won't rush back.... :cautious:

Would consider returning to the Black Forest again but Italy? probably save it for a long weekend by plane.... ;)

France? oh yes! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
I have only been to Italy once it was around five years ago in June. It was a business trip, I flew to Pisa then hired a car spent a day at an auction then had a day or two looking around. I had a sat nav and map and just headed off to look around villages and towns that took my fancy. I looked at a few beaches only to find I had to pay to access them. Parking was a nightmare every village and town was crammed with cars. Following the sat nav to hotels I found I couldnt park to ask if they had a room, does everybody have a car in Italy?

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Great blog. Thanks for posting. We've now made a minour adjustment to our plans to traverse the Romanticstraße en route to Bavaria in a few weeks!!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A whistle stop tour of Italy does not do it justice...totally disagree that France has it all. Cost of living high, weather unpredictable! eating out a rip off, food quality poor in comparison......... Italy in a different league IMO. Loved the blog:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hello Judge, I knew you'd show up haha.....

It is of course 'horses for courses' and I know you are passionate about Italy. I do agree, the way that we travel is indeed 'whistle stop' but it works for us. It is simply that France suits our travelling style more so. There are many more reasons but no need to go into detail here.

This is why we like travelling in the 'van, by going to different countries we can discover what suits us best.

By the way, if you are near lake Iseo this year I do highly recommend La Fiorita (http://wolfyitaly.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/e8-la-fiorita-24th-april.html) in Ome....... right up your street (y)

:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I loved in Germany for a few years but haven't been there in the MH - looks like something we need to correct.

Thanks for the blog, great pictures.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I loved in Germany for a few years but haven't been there in the MH - looks like something we need to correct.

Loved? Does Mrs DBK know about this? hehe:D:D:D

Reactions: BwB

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hello Judge, I knew you'd show up haha.....

It is of course 'horses for courses' and I know you are passionate about Italy. I do agree, the way that we travel is indeed 'whistle stop' but it works for us. It is simply that France suits our travelling style more so. There are many more reasons but no need to go into detail here.

This is why we like travelling in the 'van, by going to different countries we can discover what suits us best.

By the way, if you are near lake Iseo this year I do highly recommend La Fiorita (http://wolfyitaly.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/e8-la-fiorita-24th-april.html) in Ome....... right up your street (y)

:)

France undoubtedly the most motorhome friendly country in Europe, with the fantastic choice of Aires/Municipal campsites life very easy in a van...its just the rest of it that goes with it that bores us rigid.....particularly the snobbishness and the awful food!:D

another pet hate is class 2 on Toll roads, while most all else class private campers as class 1(n)

have I mentioned the awful weather out of season? and even in, still unpredictable?:rolleyes: or the attitude after the war?:cautious:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
have I mentioned the awful weather out of season? and even in, still unpredictable?:rolleyes: or the attitude after the war?:cautious:

Oh Judge, you are awful........;)

and Toll roads, what are these things called Toll roads?? :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back