LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We're planning to spend a few days on the Polish Baltic coast this summer - providing we can find somewhere not too developed. I'd be interested to hear more about travels there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Would have thought more interest in this as so expensive to go to Italy and france in august Work with a polish lad and he says some regions stunning

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Krakow and Warsaw are a must.

As has been said the roads are pretty awful and their style of driving can appear suicidal, but you get used to it after a while.

:cooler:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I was thinking the same, is there anyone left there must be quiet on the roads So not worth maintaining

Reactions: DBK
Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Krakow and Warsaw are a must.

As has been said the roads are pretty awful and their style of driving can appear suicidal, but you get used to it after a while.

Think thats bad....Were off to Transylvannia Region of Romania this year...Stunning place but the worst roads and drivers you will ever encounter!

Reactions: DBK

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We have visited many of the Eastern Europe block and expected to find interesting places and bargain shopping. We have been disappointed mostly. Prices are similar to UK and cute towns and cities are few and far between.

Having said that, we do visit Croatia every year and love it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Interesting thread this. I was considering returning from Greece next year through Romania and eastern Europe - sounds like I need to fit full air suspension first!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
MUST DEFEND ALL THE POLISH I HAVE MEET ALWAYS BEEN VERY FRIENDLY SOME OF THE DRIVING IN THE UK LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED AS FOR THE MOTORWAYS NOT A LOT TO BRAG ABOUT

It's the Polish practice, of pulling out into oncoming traffic, to overtake, on a single carriageway, expecting the oncoming traffic to move over onto the "hard shoulder" to get out of the way.
It soon becomes second nature to move over, but it's a bit of a shock at first.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Have a read about the Bailowieza Forest area,also known as the White Tower Forest ?. Have never been,but after seeing a program about this area on the TV,it is on our must do list. there are campsites in the area,but in certain parts of the forest,access is by horse drawn cart only. Lots of history in thw area,have a look,it may be for you as well. I have posted about this before,but it is worth another airing.
Tea Bag

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
We currently in Poland and have just been to Gdansk, pleasantly surprised how good it was. This is our third time in Poland and there are plenty of places to visit apart from the larger cities. Posnan, Warsaw, Krakow,Wroclaw are all worth a visit but we find some off the smaller places just as interesting. Today we are visiting a castle in Malbork. We have come across some bumpy roads but the main roads are fine. We enjoy Poland otherwise we wouldn't be back again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back