What sort of campers are we? (1 Viewer)

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Our winter seasonal pitch here in Canterbury is almost over, and perhaps we are just too picky but, since early November these are the unbelievable actions of some visitors to site:

Washing the chemical toilet cassette spout under the fresh water tap and dumping the contents down the waste water drain.
Tossing cigarette ends, waste food, grey water on the grass and driving off pitch leaving rubbish bags behind.
Attaching a hose to the hot water tap in the Ladies' to wash a unit which meant the door was wedged open and let all the warmth out.
Driving down a footpath in a car to get to the rubbish bin because it was more direct than going round the road.
Using the shower curtain instead of toilet paper. :)Blush:the most polite way I can put it).

This in addition to the usual moan about showers left un-mopped and dog poo left un-scooped.

Makes me wonder what some homes are like ........ (absolutely spotless I bet, this sort of thing reserved for site?)

Jan

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Makes me wonder what some homes are like ........ (absolutely spotless I bet, this sort of thing reserved for site?)

Jan

Hi Jan

Don't get me started, I posted a very similar thread some months back.. it beggars belief the antics of some campers, however I doubt these people take much pride at home either.. and I wouldn't call them animals, most are far cleaner than humans....
The same people also get wild campers a bad name, unfortunately the few tarnish the reputation of the many .. :Angry:

For example..
At Mimizan Plage I witnessed a very expensive German RV dropping the contents of his black tank onto the drive over gully only meant for grey waste.. he didn't even exit the cab, dropped and drove off and the stench was horrendous.. it drifted along the aire until someone with a stronger stomach than me went and hosed it away .. so more black marks against the RVers .. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Hi Jan

After hearing about an owner whose dog had diarrhoea and was using the campsite washing machines to clean the dog's bedding on a daily basis :Angry: and reading what you posted about a shower curtain :Eeek: it makes me so glad we do not have to use some of the site facilities !

Another thing that annoyed me recently, someone emptied the contents of their vacuum cleaner, straight into the campsite rubbish bin .... consequently when I lifted the lid, I got covered with dust :Angry: it wouldn't have taken much to put it in a bag!

The list goes on .....

Julia

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Our winter seasonal pitch here in Canterbury is almost over, and perhaps we are just too picky but, since early November these are the unbelievable actions of some visitors to site:

Using the shower curtain instead of toilet paper. :)Blush:the most polite way I can put it).

This in addition to the usual moan about showers left un-mopped and dog poo left un-scooped.
Dirty pigs.

Long way from Canterbury but here is a site i stayed on near Berlin;

Link Removed

You could eat your meals off the floor of the shower (all double sized) and toilet block......spotlessly clean and immaculate.
Best i've ever seen anywhere.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
It gets to me a few like this and everyone gets tarred with the same brush.:shout:

Its no wonder that some site owners start off with good intentions and in the end only do what is absolutely necessary, and cease to be friendly. It must be awful to have spent all that money and watch people wreck it for you. From what I have noticed it often seems to the people with money are the worst, but it is'nt restricted to them only.
But don't know the answer.

Dave

Last edited:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I would have reported the black waste dumpers to the council and let them take them to court.

This is my first month R.V'ing and I guess I am lucky to be on a spotless clean site where the owner cares about your needs and comforts ::bigsmile:

Guess I was just lucky :thumb:

Boo

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
It gets to me a few like this and everyone gets tarred with the same brush.:shout:

From what I have noticed it often seems to the people with money are the worst, but it is'nt restricted to them only.
But don't know the answer.
Common decency and a basic level of respect to others on site goes a long way. I'm not sure that this is defined by 'wealth' particularly as there are many thoroughly decent people who live in very poor areas. A common trait amongst (so called) wealth is arrogance and a continual desire to brag and boast.
These people are not actually wealthy at all....just credit rich and cash poor pretentious snoots.

The answer to people who abuse site facilities with little or no consideration for others is simple. Chuck 'em out!
Most sites are privately owned property so the owner would not have to go through all the nonsense of getting court orders etc.

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
I would have reported the black waste dumpers to the council and let them take them to court.

This is my first month R.V'ing and I guess I am lucky to be on a spotless clean site where the owner cares about your needs and comforts ::bigsmile:

Guess I was just lucky :thumb:

Boo

Indeed, most sites we have visited, have been extremely well looked after and the owner/wardens justly proud :Smile:

We are talking about the few campers, who either do not read the rules, have a don't care attitude or just don't know any better ? .... These types can spoil it for other folk and some of the antics they get up to, can be quite off-putting !

I feel sorry for the owners/wardens who have to deal with these people and clear up after them :cry:

If I owned a site - I would only warn them once .....

Julia

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I went to a site here in cornwall to have a nosey (when I was looking for a site) and it amused me that 2 signs had been put outside the toilets/emptying station.
1 read " NO BLACKS IN HERE!" (this was on the toilet block wall............almost reminded me of 1970's South Africa........and surely it can give mixed messeges)

2nd one said "ANYONE FOUND PUTTING THEIR GREY HOSE IN THE SINK WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!" (and quite right too..........don't want people putting their wrinkly grey hose in the sink.............unless your drunk.......... which can be forgiven lol)

here is another mad sign I found

cautionsign.jpg

and....

sign018.jpg

and...........

WaterOnRoad.jpg

and.........

drivingcentre.jpg

Boo

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun