Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
More travails - plugged in ehu for the first time and nothing. Checked the board and it seems to have been turned off (switch was red) result I thought sorted it myself! Alas nope switching it has not helped. Ask a stupid question but do I need to tell the MH I'm on hook up on a Raipdo A Class? The fridge won't switch to ehu and sockets are not working. I have included a pic which shows the switches are set in the right place. At this rate I'll be overloaded with ale and whisky for all you guys. Might have to leave the family at home!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 145
OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Some ELH posts you have to plug in and then turn the plug 1/4 turn clockwise ... could this be the problem?

I'm at home using a 240v socket so that's not it I don't think. Will test the sockets though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
There's always the possibility the lead is not in correctly. I've pulled it out twice without using the blue release latch. I've busted my hand so will try again using my left hand...

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have included a pic which shows the switches are set in the right place.
are you sure about the switch positions... most consumer unit type devices I have seen are down when tripped or off, and switched on by lifting up... all I can think of.
andy.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yep, those switches are all off. Up is on. The yellow button is an RCD tester. You are supposed to test it once or twice a year by pressing it and the main breaker should drop within so many milli seconds

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Looking at the picture are the switches all off, I is on O is off?

Andy beat me to it!
lol... Richard that's what I thought when I saw the picture but thought that was too easy a solution

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Lol - you guys like I'm thick or something.

Oh hang on a sec - I am! Power is on and there is life in the battery charger.

Cheers guys - now time to take the p*ss.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No problem,easy enough mistake to make why they are up for on , no idea

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
being of very limited skill in almost all departments, one thing I do is to push the RCD to see if it trips, that confirms there is power at the consumer unit, no power it doesn't trip

I am also blessed with a controller that has a nice little icon to say connected or not, although, it often says I am still connected when I am not, beeping at me when I start engine

glad you are sorted (y)

and only took 24 minutes :) could be a record

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
why they are up for on , no idea

It's supposed to be a safety issue - if someone was to fall on the switches they would go down and switch off rather than down and switch on..... at least that is what a friend who is an electrician told me :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Lmao. Thanks guys. If I had a brain/common sense/any skills I'd be dangerous (and possibly more competent than I am now)!

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That fuse box cover needs sorting as well.

If that were a domestic installation it would fail its periodic inspection as you can get your fingers in the fuse box through the gap left by someone removing the protective blank cover.

Upvote 0

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
QUOTE="TheWM, post: 1423886, member: 35228"]Lmao. Thanks guys. If I had a brain/common sense/any skills I'd be dangerous (and possibly more competent than I am now)![/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't worry about it, as I'm in the same boat regarding most skills, however you and I have something in common it's called an insurance policy and cost ÂŁ10 a year, it's called MFH, a dictionary, of knowledge, fact and fiction, arguing, laughing a serious Micky taking ( I was going to put taking the p..s, but I can't find the ** on the keyboard oops:Eeek:, see what I mean) and if sarcasms your thing it's all there, some subtle, other times not.:LOL:(y):rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yep, those switches are all off. Up is on. The yellow button is an RCD tester. You are supposed to test it once or twice a year by pressing it and the main breaker should drop within so many milli seconds

On some rcd's (like mine) once tripped, for test or for real, they have a second button at the bottom that has to be pressed before the rcd can be reset.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back