Acsi (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Cheaper campsites in out of season months, so only useful if you use camps but they are all over Europe including UK but at less than a tenner , you could pay more for just the books with the listings in.
http://www.campingcard.co.uk

Deleted User
Site we are on in France at the moment €16, regular price €21.80, last site €18 regular €23.50. 3 nights and cost of book recovered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
I think that is only with the ACSI ID card which is not the same as the ACSI discount card.

"ACSI Club ID is a Camping Carnet. It is an alternative identity document, accepted at 8600 camp sites. Members are automatically insured for liability. ACSI Club ID is not a discount card."

http://www.acsiclubid.co.uk/en/home...+header&_ga=1.109422149.1546547633.1431367428

Hi,we toured France for a month last September, stayed at about 6 sites,ACSI discount card taken as ID on each site.
Returned to us when we paid on departure.

Deleted User
I have also left the discount card with reception at sites until I have left as security for payment and they have also accepted my passport number from the discount card as ID but the discount card is not a camping carnet and does not have any third party insurance cover.

The ACSI club ID is a camping carnet and is a recognised document with third party insurance, I have a CCI (Camping Carnet International) which is widely recognised and on sites that require passports to be left with reception they will nearly always accept this instead.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Much cheaper if you pay cash when staying a few nights. We've used both over 30 years and now they aren't as valuable to the European campsites as cash is. At the moment we are 5 weeks into a 12 week tour and haven't used any ACSI or camping cheques. Just booked into yet another site near Montpellier and for 4 nights cash they will do it for 44 euros. They take both cards but by the time they pay commissions the cash price is more profitable to them.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I have also left the discount card with reception at sites until I have left as security for payment and they have also accepted my passport number from the discount card as ID but the discount card is not a camping carnet and does not have any third party insurance cover.

The ACSI club ID is a camping carnet and is a recognised document with third party insurance, I have a CCI (Camping Carnet International) which is widely recognised and on sites that require passports to be left with reception they will nearly always accept this instead.

We got a free ACSI Club ID card when they were launched in 2012 (I think they cost a few pounds per year now). Obviously, ours doesn't have any insurance cover, because the card has long since expired. But every ACSI site we've been to since then has accepted it in lieu of a current version. In the last 3 days alone, we've stayed at 3 different ACSI sites in France, and nobody has batted an eyelid at the old card - they just want the personal details off it. They haven't even bothered to look at our passports either.

Oh and we've got the 2015 ACSI discount guidebooks, but haven't completed our details on the Camping Card yet - just show the book at check in - no problem. No doubt somebody will make us fill it in at some point. Last year, it was the very last site we visited in the season, in late September...

Mike

Reactions: f6c

Deleted User
We got a free ACSI Club ID card when they were launched in 2012 (I think they cost a few pounds per year now). Obviously, ours doesn't have any insurance cover, because the card has long since expired. But every ACSI site we've been to since then has accepted it in lieu of a current version. In the last 3 days alone, we've stayed at 3 different ACSI sites in France, and nobody has batted an eyelid at the old card - they just want the personal details off it. They haven't even bothered to look at our passports either.

Oh and we've got the 2015 ACSI discount guidebooks, but haven't completed our details on the Camping Card yet - just show the book at check in - no problem. No doubt somebody will make us fill it in at some point. Last year, it was the very last site we visited in the season, in late September...

Mike

I have only just started using this years card and the first site we used accepted last years card, I did not realise until later that I had not detached the new card from the book.

One site asked me to put my passport number on the back, until then I had never noticed a space for it but I nearly always offer my CCI card or passport as well anyway but will not leave my passport with any reception.

I always have the CCI card for convenience and the third party insurance,also some sites offer 10% discount with the CCI.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I have had my bus pass taken instead of my passport. in Spain and Portugal.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As I mentioned on another thread, this will probably be the last year we get an ACSI book and card.
In the past it has been a really good way to get discounted site prices, but over the years the pricing has risen to the point it is simply no use to us any more.. I am sure there are many folk out there who will still get good use from it, but it is not for us any more

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Last time I tried one was 6 years ago I seem to remember it saved me a total of €1, we were in Germany out of season prices were cheaper than or the same as ACSI prices, so not bothered since. Don't use sites much these days, but as we are now going to be away for longer now I have brought one this year, shall see how it goes, but knowing us probably won't go on a site.
As for the French accepting the ACSI for ID purposes, the card looks very similar to to a Camping Card (formally Camping Carnet), we showed our Camping Card at a site a couple of years ago and received a 30% discount I think they mistook it for a ACSI card.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
We normally stay on aires but the ACSI comes into its own on long trips when we use it every 10 days or so to get some washing done!
We always go out of season.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As stated above, some sites are less than the acsi rate. The cheapest we have stayed at was Larribal in Millau at €10 inluding electric.
We will be staying a few nights at our next stop which saves €30+ a night so book cost saved in one night. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back