A Wee Birds Nests In A Machine (1 Viewer)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Birds will nest in the most unusual places,I first spotted this pied wagtail or rather the mother sitting on the nest some weeks ago, I have done my best to look after it ,during that time I've organised a crane to remove a large chiller that sat a few feet away and also craned in a replacement chiller,this included fabrication works such as welding and cutting pipework. The work has now completed so hopefully this little guys parents will keep feeding him until he can fly away,his nest is in the box with the blue bag on it
IMAG0393.jpg
IMAG0392.jpg

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes indeed L Of D, wagtails have a penchant for odd nest places....At my workplace we had a nestinside the regulator cover on top of a large white Calor Gas Tank for five years on the trot. This year they've found a loose tile in the Stables though, away from the bolshie Spotted Flycatcher which terrorises anything coming near it's nest.
Thanks for the pic(y)

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Yes indeed L Of D, wagtails have a penchant for odd nest places....At my workplace we had a nestinside the regulator cover on top of a large white Calor Gas Tank for five years on the trot. This year they've found a loose tile in the Stables though, away from the bolshie Spotted Flycatcher which terrorises anything coming near it's nest.
Thanks for the pic(y)

The bit that i cant understand is why the bird built its nest on the cold pipe and not the hot pipe :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
The bit that i cant understand is why the bird built its nest on the cold pipe and not the hot pipe :D

They're not daft LoD, the nestlings have to get all the moisture from the solid food that the adults bring so the hot pipe would dehydrate them quickly. Bird brain, formerly a derogatory term, but for me, often I think it's bigger than ours!(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back