Sometimes Things Happen For A Reason (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
:)

Nothing biblical or life changing, but I was reading a thread @PORKSTER about a water filler cap, gave what I hope was a useful reply, but to be honest couldn't be bothered to find a link to what would have been even more useful

Then thought that wasn't very nice, so found the item I bought on ebay to create a link, as it was over 3 months ago it wasn't easily in my history so had to search the sellers other items, blow me the first thing on his list was a clock I need for my Hymer, which I had been told was no longer available.

So, I searched further down and found the filler cap I had bought, made a link, then popped back to top of page and bought the clock, which is listed as the last of three available

Made me feel good and lucky (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
:)

Nothing biblical or life changing, but I was reading a thread @PORKSTER about a water filler cap, gave what I hope was a useful reply, but to be honest couldn't be bothered to find a link to what would have been even more useful

Then thought that wasn't very nice, so found the item I bought on ebay to create a link, as it was over 3 months ago it wasn't easily in my history so had to search the sellers other items, blow me the first thing on his list was a clock I need for my Hymer, which I had been told was no longer available.

So, I searched further down and found the filler cap I had bought, made a link, then popped back to top of page and bought the clock, which is listed as the last of three available

Made me feel good and lucky (y)
TIP. Don't stuff the clock into the water filler hole. (y) Likewise, try not to read the time from the filler cap. Easily done when distracted. :( It was half past key slot for weeks in our van. :cry:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Clearly I wasn't as good as I needed to be, clock turned up today, wrong size :(

Why Hymer make so many little spec changes amazes me, but the clock I hoped would fit has a smaller diameter workings and a slightly larger face, so it wont fit

IMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG

Will be coming with me to Wrenbury if anybody needs one or let me know and I will post it to anybody who wants one, mind you it cost me £29.99 so don't expect a cheapie :D, mine is the one on the left BTW, anybody got one? :) or know what part number I need to quote (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Clearly I wasn't as good as I needed to be, clock turned up today, wrong size :(

Why Hymer make so many little spec changes amazes me, but the clock I hoped would fit has a smaller diameter workings and a slightly larger face, so it wont fit

View attachment 63228 View attachment 63229 View attachment 63230

Will be coming with me to Wrenbury if anybody needs one or let me know and I will post it to anybody who wants one, mind you it cost me £29.99 so don't expect a cheapie :D, mine is the one on the left BTW, anybody got one? :) or know what part number I need to quote (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The story continues, so I bought the wrong clock, being of a very soft nature just put it down to experience, not really worth the hassle of returning it. Today I got an email from Brownhills (the ebay supplier of the clock) saying they have realised the clock sent out is of a different design to what they thought, even though it came wrapped as a Hymer part, so they want it back for credit

Unfortunately they don't have and cant get the right one, but it is a positive attitude from Brownhills who get so much criticism, maybe they are changing :) and I am not out of pocket, other than return postage (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
why don't you just use the working from a clock I had a clock that stopped working just changed the workings
bill

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
That was my original plan Bill @HappyBrewer trouble is when I removed the workings the hands then fell off and the plastic front isn't removable, so in trying to remove that I broke that as well :D

I really shouldn't be allowed out on my own :)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
That was my original plan Bill @HappyBrewer trouble is when I removed the workings the hands then fell off and the plastic front isn't removable, so in trying to remove that I broke that as well :D

I really shouldn't be allowed out on my own :)
would it not be eser to just make one fit the hole or make the hole fit the clock ?

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
would it not be eser to just make one fit the hole or make the hole fit the clock ?

you can only start to imaging the mess I would get into trying to make the hole a different size, I did once take a little off a table leg, you can probably guess the rest, but it ended up like a plank with stumps and even those were uneven :D

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
you can only start to imaging the mess I would get into trying to make the hole a different size, I did once take a little off a table leg, you can probably guess the rest, but it ended up like a plank with stumps and even those were uneven :D
:rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back