Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
We are planning on staying at the aire in Citi Europe this Wednesday night,
Anyone heard if there has been any adverse comment regarding the local immigrant population in this area.
image.jpg

We will be accompanied by our daughter and husband with their alsation dog, in a hire van, and we don't want them to get a bad impression, on their first trip.
Keith.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The immigrants I met that climbed out of the back of a Romanian truck were very polite and well spoken but very hungry. I never worry about stopping overnight there myself and it is usually quite busy so not alone.

Oct 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Possl Roadcruiser PVC
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed there overnight at Easter - no problems at all. They have cut back the bushes surrounding the area by quite a bit, so there's less cover for potential passengers :).

Always sensible to check under bike covers etc before you set off, but it seemed to have quietened down a lot compared with last summer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I always park in the centre and with other vans.. Never any issues.
Often see vans who have placed themselves up the edges or corners and away from others.
It may be that they have yappy dogs or are doing a bit of "van rocking" :rolleyes: and dont want to disturb other but cant help wonder that when you do hear tales of problems if it's these vans that are the one's having the issues..

OP
OP
Microchip

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Okay, that's pretty much what I was hoping, our train is a late one so don't want to be traveling to far before bedding down.
Thanks for the replies, it'll make the missus feel a bit more relaxed.

:) Keith..:sleep:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Okay, that's pretty much what I was hoping, our train is a late one so don't want to be traveling to far before bedding down.

Seems you are fixed up, I can only agree with the others.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We stopped there overnight two weeks ago - the only inconvenience was from some git running his generator all night.

Next morning the traffic into the ferry port area was held up by roaming migrants near the gate, but I saw no dodgy characters around Cite Europe and haven't for some time now. Bear in mind the MH parking area is overlooked by a Police Nationale station.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Plenty of other close options if you don't like the look of Cité Europe when you get there. Calais port aire is about 5 minutes away (for the moment). Wissant is about 20 minutes away the other side of Sangatte. Gravellines is about 20 minutes the other direction towards Dunkirk. I'm sure there are a few others in that radius as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back