[Req] Best/Worst Value For Money European Motorhome Destinations (1 Viewer)

FrCrilly

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Funster No
Hi All,

I’m new to this forum and I am researching buying a motorhome. Can I ask is there any general consensus between forum users as to where the best (and worst) value for money is in relation to motorhome holidays in mainland Europe at the present time? The kind of things I’m thinking of are Value for Money campsites (quality of facilities compared to cost), diesel prices in different countries or other factors that you may know to be relevant to cost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all Responses.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
hi and welcome.

In short and I accept it might not be a great help, but any motorhome destination/holiday can be made expensive or great value.
For example, you could tour France staying mainly on aires and municple sites for next to nothing in terms of site fees. You could however wild camp through most of Europe costing nothing if your prepared to put up with some of the odd laws.

Scandanavia is expensive, but thats not just with a MH.

Diesel prices change frequently, but Luxembourg is peanuts for fuel, but in general you are not going to see a huge variation in diesel prices that will prevent you from going somewhere.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
only one country springs to mind for being comparatively expensive........

The UK.

good sites are expensive,

fuels expensive,

visitor attractions are expensive,

anything related to leisure time is expensive.

parking is expensive.

compered to mainland europe anyway..

and the roads are the most congested in europe.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
only one country springs to mind for being comparatively expensive........

The UK.

good sites are expensive,

fuels expensive,

visitor attractions are expensive,

anything related to leisure time is expensive.

parking is expensive.

compered to mainland europe anyway..

and the roads are the most congested in europe.:Angry:

It's also the most unfriendly country toward motorhomes..

My choices:

For sheer motorhome pleasure it has to be France.. with Germany coming a close second .. both have a great network of cheap or free aires, uncongested roads and welcome motorhomes ..

Spain has few motohome facilities, sites are expensive, few LPG stations, high crime on the costas, but good for winter sun with decent discounts if you stay three months on the same site, other than that... it's not for me.

Portugal .. more friendly than Spain, plenty of cheapish sites, very popular with wild campers, plenty of LPG stations and friendly people.

Morocco... Cheap fuel, fabulous scenery, very underdeveloped outside the tourist traps.. many German and Dutch over-winter here, basic but cheap sites.
Downside is the poverty and begging, if you can put up with that it's well worth a trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back