sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Especially at what must be busy times the Fun server seems to struggle. I constantly see "google analytics downloading" ad this and ad that and while this is going on scrolling gets bogged down . All these ads with jave scripts or whatever must add to the bandwidth overload. I have superfast testing at 65mbps so its not my end. Is there a way to stop the ads on the right?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I don't get any problems like that .. Fun loads as quickly as any other page . There is ad blocking software available but to be honest your problems probably aren't with the fun site.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
originally we had 20 new/recent posts show up on the front page, as we get busier and busier I have increased this and it's now at 45. This does slow things up a little. For every post shown to you on the home page there are a lot of questions asked of the database. When was the post made, have you seen it before, how many views its had, is the poster online etc.

So comparing us to say a site like the BBC news page or a static blog page our server has to do much, much more when it presents a page to you. That said, as forums go, on speed tests we are in the top ten percent of the fastest in the world, and we are faster than 58% of all websites.

Normally when you see pages loading so slowly it is to do with your ISP and its traffic routing rather than the server here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

If I think I have a slow speed connection I use 'Fun' to check...... If 'Fun' is slow I might as well give up trying to load AOL or any other sites

(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Any problems I have with Fun pages downloading are usually down to the Flash player crashing in Chrome. It might be worth checking for a Flash update.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back