What Kind Of Internal Lights Are These? (1 Viewer)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
I have no idea whether they are led or halogen - never seen these before. Anyone come across them? It reads max 10w G4 - but being a German owned can I would have thought they would have changed to led but I can't tell.

image.jpg

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
LED I have these throughout my van. Great efficient lighting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
10 w G4 refers to the Lamp holder, G4 is the type of bulb fitting and 10W would be the max wattage for that bulb holder, the 'bulb' fitted in the photo is a LED and I bet you it's no more than 5watt.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Cool. Thanks - saves me having to replace them.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you ever need to remove/replace them its very easy.

The part of the lamp with the numbers embossed is the holder.
the led disc has two thin wire pins on the edge which push into the holder.
to remove, carefully lever down the opposite edge just enough to get hold of the disc then pull away from the holder...not downwards or you break off the pins.
or, using finger nails or similar push the disc away from the holder untill it falls out.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry to highjack the thread a bit, but I am looking to get some recessed light holders similar to the ones in the photo, to replace the ones I have at the moment, which are an absolute pig to take apart to replace the bulbs. Anybody know where I can get them from please. Don't have to be identical, but do need to be stainless steel or chrome.

Upvote 0
Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Sorry to highjack the thread a bit, but I am looking to get some recessed light holders similar to the ones in the photo, to replace the ones I have at the moment, which are an absolute pig to take apart to replace the bulbs. Anybody know where I can get them from please. Don't have to be identical, but do need to be stainless steel or chrome.
Nice slim ones, various finishes ..... As always... Ebay-our friend !
Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
LED's. By far the best choice . Cold to the touch and your battery will last for ever with them. I've replaced all my halogens with LED's and the difference in battery life is phenomenal.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
LED's. By far the best choice . Cold to the touch and your battery will last for ever with them. I've replaced all my halogens with LED's and the difference in battery life is phenomenal.
I have done the same. The trouble is they were cheap LEDs from China and some are flickering and failing, so need to replace them and the existing downlighters are an absolute pig to open up to get at the bulb. So thinking of replacing them.

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I replaced all my halogens and tubes with them so the MH has no trouble running off just the solar panel. Not cheap, but a good long-term investment. I had to modify some light fittings and replace others.

They're great until one of the elements develops a flicker - carry a few extras and don't be fooled into thinking they'll last forever.

Upvote 0

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
I've had LEDs since 2006 - early ones didn't cope with fluctuating voltage but new one are great. I have even replaced some bulbs with strips of LEDs!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back