Camping Cheque Think First (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Am travelling through Spain and France using Aires where possible but campsites sometimes. I normally use Camping Cheques but this year have been shocked at how much discount can be had by offering cash instead. We had the need to spend 7 nights on a site and they did it 26 euros cheaper. Another site was offering 15 nights with a 70 euro discount for cash. Makes the Camping Cheque and ACSI appear a rip off. We have always received an exchange rate of at least 1.41 which makes a £14.95 cost over 20 euros. We have used Camping Cheques for over 15 years now but it's really not worth it now as they appear to be keeping there prices high. Don't be frightened to ask you've nothing to lose but a saving to be made.

Deleted User
Most sites in Spain give discounts for longer stays, some ACSI discount scheme sites give 7 for 6.

I have never used camping cheques don't see the point in paying up front, could be useful as part of a ferry deal through one of the clubs though.

The ACSI discount scheme is excellent, especially in Spain where one night stops can be very expensive.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Most sites in Spain give discounts for longer stays, some ACSI discount scheme sites give 7 for 6.

I have never used camping cheques don't see the point in paying up front, could be useful as part of a ferry deal through one of the clubs though.

The ACSI discount scheme is excellent, especially in Spain where one night stops can be very expensive.
It was in Spain where the discount was given. A german couple next to us had ACSI and for three weeks they saved 78 euros on the ACSI price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We use Acsi a lot just spent 5 days in Jesolo on the beach near Venice for 15 euros a night. Never thought to ask for a cash price will do in Florence next week have noticed Acsi getting more and more expensive.

Reactions: f6c

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
On an ACSI site at the moment and the price to everyone is the same as we are paying
Been using the card for the last 3 weeks and only difference against site lie season prices has been if we wanted 10amp EHU instead of 6amp

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This will be our last year of getting an ACSI book ( unless we end up getting another one in a deal price for the ferry again )

It USED to be well worth having but sad to say we have not used it for a few years now even though the card is in the van.. A few words and you can save a lot more than using the ACSI card .. Shame really as it used to be so good.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We always use cash its amazing how many discounts you can get just by asking nicely
if you don't ask you don't get.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
My sole reason for using camping cheques is for the ferry price between Hull and Zebrugge,always far cheaper than CC ,C and CC etc.Otherwise we wouldn't bother with them now.

Deleted User
It was in Spain where the discount was given. A german couple next to us had ACSI and for three weeks they saved 78 euros on the ACSI price.

The long stay rate on Spanish sites will nearly always be cheaper than the ACSI rate whether paid in cash or by card in my experience.

Deleted User
On an ACSI site at the moment and the price to everyone is the same as we are paying
Been using the card for the last 3 weeks and only difference against site lie season prices has been if we wanted 10amp EHU instead of 6amp

This has not been my experience, if that was the case I would be contacting ACSI.

I have just driven from the Eastern Algarve to the east coast of Spain and through France to southern Brittany, these are the relative costs of sites and savings:

Camping Albolafia, Cordoba......................................Standard €25.50.......ACSI €18....saving €7.50
http://www.campingalbolafia.com/camping-english/tarifas.php

Camping Los Batanes(2 nights).................................Standard €23.50.........ACSI €18....saving €11.00

Camping Playa Tropicana(3 nights).......................Standard €24.50........ACSI €18.....saving €20.50

Two sites in France the saving was around €5.50 per night.

Total savings on the trip.......€50, I think the scheme works for me. I paid the one night stops in cash but did not ask for a discount which may have been possible, I do not usually like haggling over prices.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We had it last year and have got it again this year, don't use it much and the camps we did use it on had got the same price advertised on the board outside for anyone just drawing up, but at less than a tenner, it's worth it to know where the camps are.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
You can have ACSI and always ask for a cash deal as well for longer stays. We used ACSI on a site and got 7 days for 5 paid. Terriffic site 90€ for a week, right on the beach at La Turballe.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back