LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Has anyone crossed and not been charged.
We crossed on 6 may when back to the uk.
I just had the horrible thought "oh sh#t, I didn't go online to pay!"
Went on, opened an account as it's the only way to check unpaid crossings, paid £10 but no bill is outstanding.
£70 fine is reduced to £35 if paid in 14 days so I want to be sure before then.

Is there anyone with an account who has not been billed when crossing? Are the cameras reliable?

I think I will phone to check anyway:(

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
If coming from up north or heding north go the other way round that way you don't have to worry rather pay a bit extra diesel and time than give those robing :swear2: a penny extra
bill

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If coming from up north or heding north go the other way round that way you don't have to worry rather pay a bit extra diesel and time than give those robing :swear2: a penny extra
bill

Doesn't make any sense to do that Bill. It's an extra 30 odd miles from the bottom of the M1 to go the other way or it's £1.67 to cross. I know which one I prefer.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Mate of mine paid & crossed in early January . Received a penalty notice in early April. Phoned & complained as had proof of payment etc. Eventually they conceded that he had but cannot rescind the penalty notice as he has to appeal. He has refused & will go to court .
Another person had something similar & they have agreed he crossed & paid but are blaming them for using the number zero instead of the letter '0' as their system confuses them !!
Bit of a shambles .

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Eventually they conceded that he had but cannot rescind the penalty notice as he has to appeal. He has refused & will go to court .
Good on him Gus, and I hope he wins his case, with expenses and costs awarded. (y)
I detest government and corporate money making robbing machines. :mad:

Cheers,

Jock.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi
When we used to come down from Derbyshire,early morning we used the "Free crossing" times,but now and again when coming back chose the "Oxford M40" route,for a change of scenery,a plus is,that you can stop off at Oxford Services ?. At this service area,are proper m/home spaces,plus enough room to take the growler on a good "Leg stretch..... "LOL. Red Kites at Chinnor cutting anyone ? Bonus!
Tea Bag

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Doesn't make any sense to do that Bill. It's an extra 30 odd miles from the bottom of the M1 to go the other way or it's £1.67 to cross. I know which one I prefer.
when we go we normally just go down the m1
Read post below regarding penalty notes and if traffic is good think it seventeen min longer cant be arsed opening a Dartford crossing account them holding on to my money
I maybe go that way but once every few years I do try to go at the free time at night so if it's free
it'was ok when the toles were there
each to there own

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Hi
When we used to come down from Derbyshire,early morning we used the "Free crossing" times,but now and again when coming back chose the "Oxford M40" route,for a change of scenery,a plus is,that you can stop off at Oxford Services ?. At this service area,are proper m/home spaces,plus enough room to take the growler on a good "Leg stretch..... "LOL. Red Kites at Chinnor cutting anyone ? Bonus!
Tea Bag
does your missus mind you calling her a growler:LOL::LOL::D

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Has anyone crossed and not been charged.
We crossed on 6 may when back to the uk.
I just had the horrible thought "oh sh#t, I didn't go online to pay!"
Went on, opened an account as it's the only way to check unpaid crossings, paid £10 but no bill is outstanding.
£70 fine is reduced to £35 if paid in 14 days so I want to be sure before then.

Is there anyone with an account who has not been billed when crossing? Are the cameras reliable?

I think I will phone to check anyway:(
Found out that my van conversion was previously a disabled vehicle and therefore not liable to Dartford fees.....:p must get around to telling them...:whistle:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi pat-c.

The First wife,of 52 years,(Where did they go ?) is known as the Dragon,by son in law,and "El Diablo",as i tell our Portugues neighbours. Well,they are to polite to call her this name,but when i refer to her as this............ They fall about laughing,if i am any good at sign language,they are telling me that if she ever finds out,i am....DEAD!
Tea Bag aka "He who sleeps with one eye open....Self preservation ? LOL"

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

In addition you would be entering the M25 lottery where anything can happen and delay you for hours..
Toll every time (each to their own of course)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
In addition you would be entering the M25 lottery where anything can happen and delay you for hours. Toll every time (each to their own of course)

Absolutely. Also we usually go A14/M11 which puts us that bit closer to Dartford.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Absolutely. Also we usually go A14/M11 which puts us that bit closer to Dartford.
that's really the only sensible way to go.. And if you hear of M25 issues anywhere out near the A12 or A127 then come down to the A406 and out on the A13.. (or go through the blackwall tunnel lottery if brave enough)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have been over three times now but I have not seen any movement in the Bank account yet. It is supposed to be taken by direct debit when it goes below £10 and it is noe £2.50 or even less if they have taken it as a commercial van. BUT I do not know what is happening,
how do you find out what you own position actually is, or wait until you go into minus figures and get a penalty for non payment of the fees.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
that's really the only sensible way to go.. And if you hear of M25 issues anywhere out near the A12 or A127 then come down to the A406 and out on the A13.. (or go through the blackwall tunnel lottery if brave enough)
Do not do that if you are over 3500kgs and not a Euro V or it will cost you a £1000 if you get caught like I did, when the tunnel is closed. you are meant to go around the long way on the M25.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have been over three times now but I have not seen any movement in the Bank account yet. It is supposed to be taken by direct debit when it goes below £10 and it is noe £2.50 or even less if they have taken it as a commercial van. BUT I do not know what is happening,
how do you find out what you own position actually is, or wait until you go into minus figures and get a penalty for non payment of the fees.
Have you checked your online account? You can look at your monthly statements and crossing details to see if you've been 'clocked' and charged.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I set up a Dart Charge account with £10, then topped it up to £13, so that the first return crossing would active an email notification, ie, less than £10 in the account. I also opted for the manual top up, rather than the auto top up.

I won't see any activity on the account until September time.

Cheers,

Jock.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Do not do that if you are over 3500kgs and not a Euro V or it will cost you a £1000 if you get caught like I did, when the tunnel is closed. you are meant to go around the long way on the M25.
Sounds like you've ticked "manual top up " You can go in account & check on line.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back