Rally Chat Whats The Difference (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok,just noticed on a thread soneone was talking about having a meet not a rally. Whats the difference between a rally and a meet please?

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
rally is official, meet is probably not, a gathering of friends etc.:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a meet could be a few people at any location, a rally is covered by the fun rally exemption certificate and insurance. Facilities, marquee etc are usually provided to keep funsters safe from the elements and locals safe from the funsters, hee hee.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
So if its not done through Jim etc its a meet then?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I believe the exemption certificate absolves the organiser of any campsite related red tape....ie: no campsite licence or planning consent required as all attendeees must be registered MHF members....no joe public allowed.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well I'm going stir crazy.
I just want to get on anything. Wether a rally or a meet. Ralph's only just come in again. It's 9 pm. I've been working today and he's been doing Pug ( converting our PVC ) since 7am.
We are so looking forward to the " northern " soul rally in a couple of weeks.
In fact we are looking forward to going down to Ilkeston ( Tuesday , which happens to be our 20th anniversary too ) to have a night stop over while Regal do our upholstery . At least we will be away ! :laughing:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Wont be long til pug is complete. Will be well worth the time and effort Ralph has put in.
I know , but being a PVC widow sounds exciting ........ It's not! :rofl:
It will be worth it . Can't wait.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
My understanding is that a meet is where MHF is not responsible for the site or the facilities. e.g. Lets all meet at XYZ Campsite. Bookings & fees are generally direct to the campsite.

A rally is where MHF (via the rally marshals) approve the site as suitable, only allow members to attend, insurance is via MHF rather than the site (which might not be a campsite anyway & thus have no appropriate insurance). The event is authorised under MHF's exemption powers.

A rally MUST have marshals. A meet doesn't require them - just someone to suggest the time & place, but that place must already have approval for camping.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
There is no difference at all..They are both the same. The b&b is a meet always has been..These days there's just so many funsters the terminology has changed from what we used to call it.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
How do we find out about the "unofficial "meets? I was at Chester for my first rally and loved it. Now struggling to get to the others due to work and other commitments. Also what do the bottom dates mean on the list of events?☺

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
How do we find out about the "unofficial "meets? I was at Chester for my first rally and loved it. Now struggling to get to the others due to work and other commitments. Also what do the bottom dates mean on the list of events?☺

Hi Wendy, it was lovely meeting you at Chester, the meets and rally's are mostly listed not much difference at all, hope you can sort a rally out soon. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back