Halfrauds 115a Leisure Battery On Sale (1 Viewer)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Now anyone had any experience of these?

Broken Link Removed

The spec seems OK and with a two year warranty I'm wondering whether to invest.

Any thoughts? And given the 2 year warranty and their no quibble returns policy could it be worth getting one 'in case' and returning it if not needed. I've often thought about leisure batteries stuck on a shelf and how much damage it does - anyone in the know how bad this can be?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
battery megastore at Tewkesbury will give you a far better deal I got a pair for under £140
As for quality they must be crap, the first pair I bought from them back in 2001 have just packed up on me, damn things only lasted 14 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It's not a true deep discharge type due the the fact cranking amps are specified.
That is true for many other leisure type batteries though.

To be fair the Halford batteries I have picked up in store are reassuringly heavy. The weight is usually a good sign that a battery will perform as the manufacturer says.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looks like a good deal and Halfords have an excellent reputation for batteries, with a 2 year warranty,no quibble returns policy and a store in nearly every major town if you have an issue..
can't go wrong in my opinion.. Halfords have never been a fraud

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
[QUOTE="Halfords have never been a fraud[/QUOTE]

To be fair Jim - apart from some proper shonky tents that I bought for a lads weekend a while back that leaked on a soaking weekend, I've really not had much bad stuff from them.

Halfrauds is a generic term that's used by a lot of car enthusiasts that prefer to spend twice the money from an indy supplier as they feel they're being looked after. After a while the name just has stuck in my head.

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I am currently (pun) using one of these, its OK with me, does what it should do, bought it on the net one Sunday morning when my battery failed in Spain, was delivered 4 days later by a mate who was joining us for a short break. If you see the price of the same spec battery in Spain, then you will see why I did this. Cannot fault neither the service or the battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I have to agree with Roger (Wildman) recent ly had a pair delivered Free £139.99 from Tewkesbury Battery megastore 3 years warranty
And they supply a lot to guys with solar on canal boats etc can't fault them .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back