Listening Alarm. (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. I posted this tip in an earlier thread today but feel it might be lost to some readers.
With so many Moho's being stolen from driveways this might be useful.
In addition to the normal vehicle alarm and immobiliser.
I place a mains operated baby alarm listener in the van and the wireless sound unit in the house with the volume turned up. Remove the backup batteries from the listener and ensure the van is hooked up to the mains.
The theory being that I should hear any strange noises from the van whilst in the house and if the power supply is disconnected for any reason then the alarm shrieks it's head off.
Of course it's only good if someone is home but it does give me a certain amount of peace of mind, particularly at night. The other advantage is that I hear the postman most days as he whistles while he walks..

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Brilliant idea. My granddaughter's baby alarm is motion activated ( I think all the modern ones are) so you don't constantly listen to the snuffling/snoring but it cuts in immediately if she moves against the cot side or if anyone walks into the room.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Brilliant idea. My granddaughter's baby alarm is motion activated ( I think all the modern ones are) so you don't constantly listen to the snuffling/snoring but it cuts in immediately if she moves against the cot side or if anyone walks into the room.

Time I updated mine by the sound of it, had it for years. Guess you could put the baby in the van and do both jobs at once!!!:think:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back