Chinese 7" Truck Sat Nav Update Problem (2 Viewers)

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Anyone managed to update the above satnav recently? I've just tried and discovered that the download website, WWW.FREEMAPSUPDATE.COM, no longer exists. I've updated the POIs OK, but can't update the maps.

OP
OP
daveinspain
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks GJH, but I've tried that - it just says 'out of stock' when you get to the download bit!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Yes the above comments are correct, yesterday I turned on mine on for the first time in 3 months and got the "new updates" message. Logging in through my bookmarks took me to the elitefashion site where I scrolled down to the vast list of map and downloaded the 2014.06 updates. I also got the out of stock message but what I didn't get was the old option of normal or lorries if I remember the terminology from last time correctly.

Edit: Just looked again and realise you have to go to the common or truck icon first unlike last time. I'll have to check what I downloaded later. :doh:

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
as the screen shot below
Screenshot-4.png

Reactions: GJH

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
You should ignore the out of stock. It is just a means of presenting the page.

Scroll to the end and you will find the countries listed click on the one you want and it will start to download.

Be aware these are Tom Tom maps and you will lose some functions if you are replacing navteq maps.

Lunarman

OP
OP
daveinspain
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks once again, Lunarman, I'll give that a go later - we're just about to set off an a 3-week trip across to Avila, Salamanca and central Portugal.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Be aware these are Tom Tom maps and you will lose some functions if you are replacing navteq maps.
Wonder why they've changed from Navteq to Tom Tom?
Were they approved \ licenced to use Navteq maps who've now clamped down on possible piracy? Could be wrong so just asking!:confused:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Wonder why they've changed from Navteq to Tom Tom?
Were they approved \ licenced to use Navteq maps who've now clamped down on possible piracy? Could be wrong so just asking!:confused:
I wondered exactly the same thing - having just received my satnav today, looks like the pre installed maps may be upto date as the file dates are March, however I have asked the seller to confirm

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just got an email from the Chinese Sat Nav Supplier
The mapping software preinstalled is a free version which does not support online update.
'However, the manufacturer will give us a link to download if there’s any updated maps available. Customers are welcomed to contact us via e-mail any time to check for update. The map is the latest, you do not need to update now.'

Watch this space !

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just got an email from the Chinese Sat Nav Supplier
The mapping software preinstalled is a free version which does not support online update.
'However, the manufacturer will give us a link to download if there’s any updated maps available. Customers are welcomed to contact us via e-mail any time to check for update. The map is the latest, you do not need to update now.'

Watch this space !
Mmmmmh, maybe it's just me but something just doesn't ring true about their maintenance policy.:cautious::unsure::confused:
The mapping suppliers must put a fair amount of time \ effort into maintaining map data so would doubt they would willing give it away for free. So where do the Chinese sat nav suppliers get the data from?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back