LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good luck with the MOT, at least you will know it's all good and safe. I know we all moan about getting a mot but it is for our own good, and I like to know mine is all ok.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Took mine in yesterday.. I use Simmonds in Diss. MOT is £34 there :)

I had one comment from the guy who tested it..

Lovely rig that mate !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I took mine in a couple of weeks ago it passed no problems and the mechanic said to me are you thinking of selling it ? (y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the guy when he cam out of the inspection pit made one comment minted under Neath
I know the rest isn't prity but I know its mechanically sound he could not find a thing wrong that would failt it
and only one advisory front right tyre close to legal limit

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Mine went in on Friday, all good, sailed through. As always, checked the dashcam footage to see what had happened to my van whilst in their custody. I was very happy to note that the mechanic drove very safely, if a little fast in places. However the amusing part was while the van was having it's emissions test done, two mechanics obviously sitting in the van having a chat about an encounter they'd had with a young lady, who was apparently fairly well endowed!!! :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mine went in on Friday, all good, sailed through. As always, checked the dashcam footage to see what had happened to my van whilst in their custody. I was very happy to note that the mechanic drove very safely, if a little fast in places. However the amusing part was while the van was having it's emissions test done, two mechanics obviously sitting in the van having a chat about an encounter they'd had with a young lady, who was apparently fairly well endowed!!! :)

Do you know, I never thought to do that !!

Good to hear; plus we are just round the corner from Simmonds in Diss so will bare them in mind when we are also due.....
I first went to them a couple of years ago to do the clutch in the Miller.. Did it in very good time and charged me less than they had quoted !

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Do you know, I never thought to do that !!
Always do it now, after an incident when I checked the footage from my car after a cam belt change, the mechanic hit over 120mph on a country road, and nearly 140 on a dual carriageway. Probably would have gone higher, but he got baulked by traffic.
I emailed the footage to the head office and asked for an explanation, compensation was offered and accepted!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Bloody hell !!
Fortunately I trust Simmonds implicitly so on this occasion I am happy to forgo checking the card :)
I wasn't best pleased as you can imagine! :D

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Good to hear, the FIAT garage down the road can't even service twin axles, due to the size and weight so I'll give Simonds a try.

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
The nice man at the garage suggested that the tyre pressures might need checking.
Today Mike checked tyre pressure............and the valve snapped off. One very flat tyre later. It took forever to jack the mh up and get the wheel off. A bit of team-work later and everything is fixed.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The nice man at the garage suggested that the tyre pressures might need checking.
Today Mike checked tyre pressure............and the valve snapped off. One very flat tyre later. It took forever to jack the mh up and get the wheel off. A bit of team-work later and everything is fixed.
That's bad news. At least you have a spare tyre.

Checked mine yesterday after your earlier suggestion. All ok - thanks (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back