An Insurance Shock - And A Sigh Of Relief (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Both Frank Pickles and Highway/LV treated us very well when our previous van was written off after the Asda "visit". So much so that we have stayed with them ever since (their renewal costs have been reasonable).

Insurance is up on 4th June so, today, Jill received the renewal documents and once again the cost looked OK. However, the documents contained a new proposal firm which contained a number of factual inaccuracies. When Jill rang Frank Pickles to talk about the form we were shocked to find that they (and Highway/LV) will not only insure motorhomes for people who also have car insurance. That will be fine for many but, because it suits us, our car is in my name and the van in Jill's. :Eeek::crying:

So, "What do we do now?" was the first thing that sprang to mind. Almost immediately the answer came "Check what Funsters are recommending". ::bigsmile:

One friendly, and reasonably short, call to Comfort and everything is sorted out (y)(y)

Thanks to all of you who recommended Comfort recently :thanks4:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I have also been insured with Highway for the past few years (through Whittlesey Insurance) and have also just received the renewal form. I am just getting round to checking it and see that mine also states that there is another vehicle insured in my name (incorrect). Apparently I am also a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists (don't remember that) and my daughter has vanished (no children at home, according to the form).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have also been insured with Highway for the past few years (through Whittlesey Insurance) and have also just received the renewal form. I am just getting round to checking it and see that mine also states that there is another vehicle insured in my name (incorrect). Apparently I am also a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists (don't remember that) and my daughter has vanished (no children at home, according to the form).
Hope you get it sorted as easily as we did.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I'm even more confused now - I e-mailed Whittlesey to query the info on the proposal form, expecting them to come back and say they couldn't renew with Highway. Not only have they confirmed that they have changed the details, but the renewal cost has come down by £35, still with Highway despite the fact I do not have another vehicle. o_O

I'm waiting for a few other quotes to come back before getting back to them.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm even more confused now - I e-mailed Whittlesey to query the info on the proposal form, expecting them to come back and say they couldn't renew with Highway. Not only have they confirmed that they have changed the details, but the renewal cost has come down by £35, still with Highway despite the fact I do not have another vehicle. o_O

I'm waiting for a few other quotes to come back before getting back to them.
Great (y)
I can only assume that it is Frank Pickles playing silly beggars. Their loss is Comfort's gain :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just received my renewal from Comfort, yippee price has gone down I'm going to be a pound richer, that will buy a 1/4 pint.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I insured with comfort this year as well, price was competitive but expensive to put SIL on policy (which he paid). Had a game with my car insurance as Aviva originally said that they would accept my company letter of 6 years no claims then decided they could not. It took a phone call to them asking why and they said it was a mistake and they could only offer an introductory bonus instead of no claims. Ready to cancel the policy there and then but the new price was £22 cheaper!! The XF now insured for the princely sum of £242........ Happy with that

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back