Anti Freeze This Time Of Year (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Was at the motor factor for some anty freeze the young lad behind the counter having a very small amount of knowledge.
looks at me very serous face on him you over heat your engine me just looking straight back trying to keep a straight face
Over heat the engine think not yes it will no it wont this went on for a few min any way walked over to the shelf got what I wanted.
I am not going to be responsible if you over het your engine if I sell this to you by this time the blood is just starting to rise.
the manager walks in what's the problem think I am getting my chane yanked by this idiot
told him the story.
don't ever question a costumer agene engines run cooler with coolant antifreeze in them by this time very wound up as well this is a very valued costumer never question any one you idiot
bottom lip comes out runs to back of shop:crying:
I was almost in tears my shelf I felt rely bad :frowny:
poor we sole
bill

Attachments

• emoticon-0101-sadsmile[1].gif
    emoticon-0101-sadsmile[1].gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 2
Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
On a similar note I went into similar establishment for a common 17inch wiper blade which was behind the counter and two of the lads there said they couldn't find it without a registration number!! Yes the blood does boil, sorry for hijacking thread Bill.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive had the situation where the object i wanted was on the shelf behind the counter but they couldnt sell it to me as there was no code in the sytem for it. when i said just sell it to me they said then they would be short on their stock take how would they be short if its not in the computer?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Modern engines are a mix of numerous metals all connected with a cooling water system. The coolant is now a mix of water, glycol and inhibitor. Without the inhibitor the components soon start to corrode and fail.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I worked in the tropics and the mechanic used to put anty freeze in the cooling system once circulated the temp on the gauge dropped I complained abut the engine on the rig running hot would never have believed it.
if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes but to much is bad to as it increases viscosity slowing down circulation cussing over heating
getting the right balance is the thing
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back