Camping Municipal De Calais ???? (1 Viewer)

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Has this re-opened yet???
CAMPING MUNICIPAL DE CALAIS
Avenue Raymond Poincaré
62100 CALAIS
phone : (0033) (0)3.21.97.89.79
Fax : (0033) (0)3.21.34.73.25
Manager : Mr. DARCY Donat 06.79.62.93.22

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
It isn't going to be reopening there. It's flattened and the aire is following it at some point as part of the bigger port redevelopment http://www.e-architect.co.uk/france/calais-conference-centre-in-france

Blimey - talk about Starfleet Command. You can see why they don't want disreputable traveller types emptying their bog cartridges in front of that.

I was under the impression that the aire would be attached in some way to the new Municipal Campsite somewhere near Bleriot-Plage, which is a shame as our favourite Moules & Frites restaurant is next to the old aire. Also a pity to think the public loos in the old bunker next to the aire will be demolished - they were very well-kept and a pleasure to bare your bum to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I was under the impression that the aire would be attached in some way to the new Municipal Campsite somewhere near Bleriot-Plage, which is a shame as our favourite Moules & Frites restaurant is next to the old aire.

You may well be right. When we were last there, there didn't seem to be a confirmed location for the aire so you're probably more up to date than me (y) Do you know if there's any info about when it will open yet?

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
In our caravanning days on returning to the UK we always stayed at Château du Gandspette not sure we could with our 12m motor home + trailer? :rolleyes:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We were there last Tuesday. The aire is still on the harbourside and no signs up for closure yet. The site is just a pile of rubble now.

OP
OP
Frentchy

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
We were there last Tuesday. The aire is still on the harbourside and no signs up for closure yet. The site is just a pile of rubble now.

So where is the Aire?? Because I need to stop over Weds night, for the 10.35
morning ferry, and is there a Bar/restaurant near by?:worried:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
So where is the Aire?? Because I need to stop over Weds night, for the 10.35
morning ferry, and is there a Bar/restaurant near by?:worried:

The aire is pretty much at the back of the campsite. Go past where the campsite entrance used to be, it's the next right. There are a few options to eat/drink.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Accès/adresse :
Jetée Ouest
Accès avenue Raymond Poincaré
62100 CALAIS
Latitude : (Nord) 50.96586° Décimaux ou 50° 57′ 57′′
Longitude : (Est) 1.84347° Décimaux ou 1° 50′ 36′′

Calais Aire details

OP
OP
Frentchy

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
The aire is pretty much at the back of the campsite. Go past where the campsite entrance used to be, it's the next right. There are a few options to eat/drink.

I'v never been to the campsite because I normally go to the UK by car "turn up n roll on, are there any directions/co-ords for the Aire?(y)
Edit Thanks scousebird(y)

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

The aire (on Digue Gaston Berthe) has had a bit of a make-over recently - the parking spaces are marked out and numbered - 7 euros a night, pay by phone, credit/debit card or in cash to the chap who comes round to collect) details on a board next to the bourne.
As Nick says plenty of places to eat and drink + a nice bakery just down the street - and don't forget the Friterie des Nations for the best chips in France! (y)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
There is also an aire at the marina.We always stay there and eat at Le Detroit opposite.3(4)course for 19euro's!.Be careful though as they normally give you a first course courtesy of the the chef.That's fine but last time the "Chefs compliments"was soup which would have been great had I not ordered fish soup!!.We have had no problem with the marina and find more peaceful than the Aire on the sea front.The man comes around to collect 7 euro's!!P.S t.o find the marina follow signs to plage(sea front)and you can't miss it.5 mins around the block to the ferries

Last edited:

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just saw that the Aire by the harbour entrance from our ferry to Calais is still very much in use . There seemed to be no activity on the site where the municipal used to be . I would not recommend the Cite de Europe since there seemed to be huge numbers of refugees or asylum seekers everywhere on our way out of Calais . I have never seen as many on the side of the motorway in all our years of passing through this way . We headed straight to Le Crotoy which is a lot busier than we have seen in the past but there is still room for a few more .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back