Honfleur Aire info please (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I am after info from anyone that has used the Honfleur Aire in June. We passed it last year in late June at about lunch time and it looked to be very full. We would like to go for one night this year on our way back north and would like to know if we would get in at around teatime?

Ralph

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Ralph!

We've stayed quite a few times now but the memorable one was Bastille Day - July 14th 2006.
There must have been around 300 vans on the site! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They used both sides of the site plus the car park on the left just before the entrance!

Wouldn't worry about June!:thumb::thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi we stayed overnight last September, packed but as its so big we just parked in the middle with a trailer on.

Plenty of room in the carpark next door and its cheaper to, ::bigsmile:

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi we stayed overnight last September, packed but as its so big we just parked in the middle with a trailer on.

Plenty of room in the carpark next door and its cheaper to, ::bigsmile:

Olley

Hi Ian , must just have missed you .. we were there from 17th - 23rd Sep 08 !

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
Hello Ralph,
We've stayed on the aire during Easter Bank holidays (it was packed solid but we still managed to get on!! ::bigsmile:) and also during the peak weeks in August :thumb:
We tend to find the sooner you can arrive around mid-day to early afternoon to find a place the better, but I'm sure it will be fine for you in June.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Ralph

We have stopped at the Honfleur Aire many times, if you arrive at about 4pm you should be ok. Charge was €7 per night payable at a machine. The aire is regularly patrolled by the local police on a 24 hour basis and is very safe. Honfleur itself is well worth a visit. Enjoy your visit Ralph, there are plenty of bars.:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Hi Ralph

We have stopped at the Honfleur Aire many times, if you arrive at about 4pm you should be ok. Charge was €7 per night payable at a machine. The aire is regularly patrolled by the local police on a 24 hour basis and is very safe. Honfleur itself is well worth a visit. Enjoy your visit Ralph, there are plenty of bars.:thumb::thumb:

Bars?? me??

Ralph

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Ralph.

I hope to follow your route around York later in the year, if I can stay sober long enough to complete it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
There are some EHUs on the aire if you are lucky enough to get one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Or you could stay at La Mailleraye sur seine , not far from Honfleur, just up the river . and free .. seldom packed out and lovely location on the Seine

[Totally agree with you . Stayed here on many occassions, love it :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
[Totally agree with you . Stayed here on many occassions, love it :thumb:

It's one of our favourites too, usually our first stop in France and the last before hitting Calais... It's a nice diversion around Rouen .. :thumb:

Jim

S

stagman

Deleted User
::
It's one of our favourites too, usually our first stop in France and the last before hitting Calais... It's a nice diversion around Rouen .. :thumb:

It truly amazes me that I can be parked up , at such a beutifull location overlooking the Seine with a lovely village within walking distance with everything I need for FREE ,it brings a tear to my eye ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It truly amazes me that I can be parked up , at such a beutifull location overlooking the Seine with a lovely village within walking distance with everything I need for FREE ,it brings a tear to my eye ::bigsmile:

It brings a smile to mine..:roflmto:

There are so many great aires in France, it would be hard to choose a favourite and many free .. what a pity we don't have them in the UK .. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back