Electrical Problem. 1994 Hymer B564, Fiat Ducato Base. (2 Viewers)

navyowl

Free Member
May 12, 2015
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
Hello everyone. Hope someone has an answer or previous experience of this.
The last couple of time out in the van I have been driving along, once in the sun with the blower on and the other in the rain with the wipers on. The battery light comes on and I lose wipers, blower, radios and instruments. After about 10 to 20 seconds it all starts working again. This goes on for a couple of hours during the first journey from home, happening every 10 minutes or so but after that it doesn`t happen again.
My thought were an earth problem, a battery problem or an alternator.
Any ideas. Thanks

OP
OP
navyowl

navyowl

Free Member
May 12, 2015
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
Thanks Jim. That crossed my mind. I had the alternator belt replaced recently. However, if the alternator wasn't operating I should still get power to the instruments I thought. When the belt snapped I still had the gauges working.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks Jim. That crossed my mind. I had the alternator belt replaced recently. However, if the alternator wasn't operating I should still get power to the instruments I thought. When the belt snapped I still had the gauges working.

so it looks more like a poor earth on the engine, chassis or battery ..

that's where I would start... eliminate the easy cheap things to repair first

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Given all the symptoms, I would firstly look closely at the battery neg terminal, then check the connections on the back of the alternator and then the ignition switch and its connections.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Do you have the Fiat wiring diagram? I can send you the diagram for the 1992-93 models if that will help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
navyowl

navyowl

Free Member
May 12, 2015
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
Thanks for the answers. My feeling was that it would be an earth, I'll get on with it and see where I go. Thanks for the offer of a diagram Flamenca but I have one. It's in German but it's fun working out the different names for things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back