Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
hi I've been using the dash cam that I got from jaws (john) works well nice and clear , but its only connected to its GPS on too accessions, I have placed the GPS at the front of my dash any thoughts on what im doing wrong ?
regards Paul

OP
OP
PAT N PAUL

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
hi, yes its seated ok I disconnected and reconnected seems ok drove to work and back last night came on as I got to work, drove home this morning and came on when I got on the drive now no connection again any more ideas ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
How far is your journey? It takes a while to locate the satellite and once you turn it off it has to go through the whole rigmarole again.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Mine is the same. I have found in the past with other GPS connection devices that they can take awhile to fix to sufficient satellites and if you move it can be almost impossible to get that first fix. I'm going to try switching on and leaving it for 5 minues before driving off to see if that helps.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Is there an optimum position to site the gps reciever ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Is there an optimum position to site the gps reciever ?

I tend to place mine at the centre bottom of the front screen, so that the receiver only has mainly glass above it. Seems the best place for me but I expect somewhere near a glazed rooflight would work too.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yesssss.. The gps in them is not the most sensitive .. s said, antenna needs to be carefully sited and it can take several minutes ( 5 minutes at least in most cases )
I have also noticed that moderate cloud cover can be an issue..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back