pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello does any one know of any videos or easy instructions on how to fit these blinds Remis Remifront 11 cab blinds Fiat Ducato 94-06 the instructions i have are not that clear, can't wait to have these fitted going to be so much better than the curtains love it!!!!

OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Got it thank you very much its the same as i have but 100 times bigger now its on the laptop Thank you at least i can get cracking on the front window can't do the sides yet they sent the wrong ones they sent for a Merc sprinter not a Ducato the front is right gotta love em

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I cheated and had them fitted by my dealer, who is very experienced, he said they were very difficult to fit but still made a good job of it.
Warning; these blinds are excellent but parts are hard to get and they are not strong, use them with care.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
after reading the instructions i was dreading fitting them but once started under 2 hours job done mines the later fiat but dont think they can be much different

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
they are good but the noises they make when driving boil my piss
oh dear it took me a long time to get him to have these if they are going to be noisy he is going to go loop de loop can you pin point the bit that makes the noise perhaps i could pad it as i fit

Upvote 0

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I paid extra when I had my IH built I wish I had had a curtain like in the old one as the plastic creaks on mine and REALLY annoys you when the rest of the van is so quiet

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
I paid extra when I had my IH built I wish I had had a curtain like in the old one as the plastic creaks on mine and REALLY annoys you when the rest of the van is so quiet
i will take a good look at it as it is fit there must be ways to stop it creaking, is it more the doors as the front is fit into the frame of the cab

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Mine were fitted when we bought the van (used) and have not noticed any noise at all from them. The radio is turned up high to cover the engine/road noise so possibly drowns out any noise from the blinds.
As for spares,, one of the side locking clips for the front blind when open was missing when we purchased the van, sent an email to remis saying I could'nt source these and they sent me 2 in the post FOC but must admit, having taken down the front blinds twice now (to fit dash-cam and reversing mirror monitor) they do seem flimsy but are surprisingly robust.
We have curtains and blinds but the curtains are rarely used.
As an aside, before collecting the van I went out on a shopping spree and bought some internal silver screens,, now surplus as they do not fit very well because of the remis blinds.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Mine were fitted when we bought the van (used) and have not noticed any noise at all from them. The radio is turned up high to cover the engine/road noise so possibly drowns out any noise from the blinds.
As for spares,, one of the side locking clips for the front blind when open was missing when we purchased the van, sent an email to remis saying I could'nt source these and they sent me 2 in the post FOC but must admit, having taken down the front blinds twice now (to fit dash-cam and reversing mirror monitor) they do seem flimsy but are surprisingly robust.
We have curtains and blinds but the curtains are rarely used.
As an aside, before collecting the van I went out on a shopping spree and bought some internal silver screens,, now surplus as they do not fit very well because of the remis blinds.
Thats the answer put the radio on as soon as we set off and he will never notice!!!!! we have external and internal silver blinds which came with the van never used the internal ones they are so big and take up loads of room

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Following with interest as we a thinking about having them fitted too. Currently use internal silver screen, but a pain to stick up and bulky to store.
Would the Remis blinds alone be enough in cold weather?
Been quoted 599 + vat for our MH company to fit them.
Seen them to buy for 475 so wondering if best to do ourselves?

Lin

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
@Milliemobile There is very little thermal value in Remis Blinds. You would find it much better to buy a set of external Silverscreens. No condensation on your screen even in the depths of winter.

They are quick to put on and take off and fold up quite small they come in a bag and are easy to stow away in a locker or garage.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
@Milliemobile There is very little thermal value in Remis Blinds. You would find it much better to buy a set of external Silverscreens. No condensation on your screen even in the depths of winter.

They are quick to put on and take off and fold up quite small they come in a bag and are easy to stow away in a locker or garage.
Yes would probably go for that option, spend most if time away in mainland Europe, so hopefully won't need to worry too much, the Remis blinds seem so much easier to whip up, esp with the dogs like when we go into supermarket, so can trade off the lack of insulation.
Once fitted I assume you can't remove to put on another van, without leaving visible damage?

Lin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes would probably go for that option, spend most if time away in mainland Europe, so hopefully won't need to worry too much, the Remis blinds seem so much easier to whip up, esp with the dogs like when we go into supermarket, so can trade off the lack of insulation.
Once fitted I assume you can't remove to put on another van, without leaving visible damage?

Lin
they go by size to different sorts of van when i sent for mine the front came as a ducato but they sent the wrong sides they sent for a merc they have to go back, they go by year of van as well, we plan to have these all summer but go back to outside silver for the winter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
I am putting the remis blinds on for the summer, when it was very hot last year and had to put the external blinds on to cool the van down it was horrid so dark up the front and on off on off what a pain, and i hate the curtain going across it makes our cab seats unusable

Upvote 0

Deleted User
let us know how you get on with the fitting will decide if can risk Nige fitting some on ours or paying extra for the MH company to do :)

Lin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
well i am going to do it myself (pamie) so if i can do it anyone can!!!! the correct sides should arrive tomorrow so hopefully have it done soon

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
let us know how you get on with the fitting will decide if can risk Nige fitting some on ours or paying extra for the MH company to do :)

Lin
well the front screen is on really not to bad to fit, the sides will be easier could of done with a second person just to hold the other end when the rods go on its a bit wobbly on your own it helped so much having a big picture on the lap top to look at

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Mine rattles badly as the plastic moulding almost touches the door window frame. Tried almost everything to stop it (and failing). The blinds are brilliant for instant privacy but poor keeping out the suns heat and useless in the freezing winter as insulation when only external screens work.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
I am sorry yours rattles rosalan i wont know if mine does till we take it out 6th June hope it doesn't

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Mine rattles badly as the plastic moulding almost touches the door window frame. Tried almost everything to stop it (and failing). The blinds are brilliant for instant privacy but poor keeping out the suns heat and useless in the freezing winter as insulation when only external screens work.
mine is all finished now sides on as well now, and feels quite solid with no movement at all, there was one screw on both doors which was a pig to do, bottom middle just above the handle where the window up and down is has yours got that screw in?, i can see why it would be left not done it was horrid.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Reading this has made me change my mind again about Remis blinds.
We've already bought a new silver screen for Pug. We were going down the curtain route for quickness when getting changed etc. then thought sod it we'll get the blinds. I didn't want them because of them taking some of the window height and rattling. After being convinced they didn't , we decided yes.
Problem is we have the new shape Peugeot . With the big shelf. This gets in the way of the blinds do it would need modifying. If the blinds are noisy, then we take them out. We'd be left with a gap between the shelf and windscreen.
We can't see of a way the curtains could go into the cab. Under the shelf either. The ceiling is quite hollow above your head. I don't think it's strong enough to take a curtain.
So it looks like we will be going down a privacy curtain route. At the back of the cab seats. I'm glad I've read this thread. Thanks for posting it. I hope they aren't squeaky for you. It would drive us mad.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Reading this has made me change my mind again about Remis blinds.
We've already bought a new silver screen for Pug. We were going down the curtain route for quickness when getting changed etc. then thought sod it we'll get the blinds. I didn't want them because of them taking some of the window height and rattling. After being convinced they didn't , we decided yes.
Problem is we have the new shape Peugeot . With the big shelf. This gets in the way of the blinds do it would need modifying. If the blinds are noisy, then we take them out. We'd be left with a gap between the shelf and windscreen.
We can't see of a way the curtains could go into the cab. Under the shelf either. The ceiling is quite hollow above your head. I don't think it's strong enough to take a curtain.
So it looks like we will be going down a privacy curtain route. At the back of the cab seats. I'm glad I've read this thread. Thanks for posting it. I hope they aren't squeaky for you. It would drive us mad.
They do the new Peugeot

Remis Remifront IV Cab Window Blind Set - Peugeot Boxer 06 onwards it says These will fit all variations of the Peugeot Boxer X250/X290 cab 2006 onwards.
**FULL SETS AVAILABLE IN BEIGE FOR 2012 ON VEHICLES**

**FULL SETS AVAILABLE IN BEIGE FOR 2014 ON VEHICLES WITH W/SCREEN SENSORS** I have no connection with this firm just thought you could give them a ring if you are not sure
By telephone:

Tel: 01604 810000

By computer:

email: mail@build-a-camper.co.uk I have been very happy with them

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
They do the new Peugeot

Remis Remifront IV Cab Window Blind Set - Peugeot Boxer 06 onwards it says These will fit all variations of the Peugeot Boxer X250/X290 cab 2006 onwards.
**FULL SETS AVAILABLE IN BEIGE FOR 2012 ON VEHICLES**

**FULL SETS AVAILABLE IN BEIGE FOR 2014 ON VEHICLES WITH W/SCREEN SENSORS** I have no connection with this firm just thought you could give them a ring if you are not sure
By telephone:

Tel: 01604 810000

By computer:

email: mail@build-a-camper.co.uk I have been very happy with them
Hiya.
Just tried to email and mailer demon sent it back. Is that the right email address.
If they don't need altering , don't take any window height, we can still have a rear view mirror , and have modified the squeak They may be back on the conversion list.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hiya.
Just tried to email and mailer demon sent it back. Is that the right email address.
If they don't need altering , don't take any window height, we can still have a rear view mirror , and have modified the squeak They may be back on the conversion list.
on there site you can send a message to them http://build-a-camper.co.uk/contact.aspx or phone them

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back