What Would You Do (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Ok we have just had some family have to come to stay for a few days family problems
any way we were sorting out where they would sleep the wee man has a sleepover bead under hi slide out
That's the three kids sorted in the bunks then the subject of adults well sleep in the van they say we don't mind.
Then the weeman can go on the flour in your room :Eeek: I don't :swear2: think so.
we will go in the van you can have our room
So her we are tucked up in the van outside our house
bill

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
they are both my bed and I'd have to think and awful lot of them to let anyone else sleep in either of them

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If there is not a bed in the place for every one...

They don`t get invited or come... :lipssealed:

That`s why we only have a one bedroomed flat... (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sounds like theres 5 of them. A lot for anyone to be expected to put up at short notice. Pity you never had a 5man tent, they might just not be so keen to land themselves on you next time.
The MH for you was a good decision, nice n peaceful.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I would sleep in the Motorhome.
But if they where guests I might talk to them about sleeping arangements.
If I was stuck with them due to problems.
They would sleep where I told them.
And be gratefull.

But we dont all have your big heart Bill(y)

Mel

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Sounds like theres 5 of them. A lot for anyone to be expected to put up at short notice. Pity you never had a 5man tent, they might just not be so keen to land themselves on you next time.
The MH for you was a good decision, nice n peaceful.

As we didn't keep our bigger mh at home, it was in storage. Using that would be out of the question.
.( Pug is down the drive but he's not ready and only sleeps 2 anyway.)
If a family of 5 turned up expecting to stay for 1 night. I wouldn't expect our kids to give up their beds (18,18,20) Or rooms.
( If it was their cousins they may get on the floor on an air bed in each of our kids rooms. But they aren't that close , so probably wouldn't be up for it ! )
We've got one of those huge L shape sofas in the living room. So the parents would have to use that. The 3 kids would have to have the back room on blow up beds.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Enjoy the van - you can get away from everyone else if things get difficult!

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well we had a grate night in the van the kids have ben no bother to get to school granddad and nanny come to the rescue.
I have a caravan that is in storage making arrangement's to put it on the site for them today they stayed in a big house with the in-laws for the last five years but the relationship has broken down.
Not getting involved as long as my grand children are ok.
Only thing is they have turned out to be spoilt brats time for a bit of a culture shock I think:eek:
living with bobo nanny wont be a essay ride.
he he
bill

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
What Would You Do?

There is no way they'd get to sleep in the new van,.....................................

.........I'd open up the East Wing and get busy with the duster, assuming of course that this is the maids day off.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Women and children first,us men? Take the biscuits off of the sofa/chairs and get down on the floor,if it's a nice night,chuck a tarp over the washing line.....Instant tent.

Thread the afore mentioned clothes line through a strong jacket,string it up to the post again,put jacket on,button it up......... Sorted !!
Tea Bag.
PS. The old ones are the best LOL

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Didn't realise it was family who were so close Bill.

I would have probably booked them into B&B or a short term let. The caravan is a good idea and will bring a hard lesson in reality.

You have a big heart.......

And I would have slept in the van. People fiddle and break things instead of leaving well alone.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I think I'd make it clear that I wasn't going to be putting them up for 5 years, if that's how long they stayed with the other set of parents / grandparents.
I wouldn't mind helping out in an emergency. Obviously. And I know parents have let kids stay with them whilst saving up deposits for a house.
But 5 years is a long time to stay , as a family of 5 , with your parents or inlaws. Plenty enough time for relationships to break down , as you said Bill.
I have a caravan that is in storage making arrangement's to put it on the site for them today they stayed in a big house with the in-laws for the last five years but the relationship has broken dow

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back